Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
Any way to replace the blurry icon on Carousel ?

Most of the sideload apps of me appear with blurry icon on Carousel. And that's definitely not very nice . I'm wondering is there any way to change it with the sharp icon (like some that I downloaded at amazon)...
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Well, in a way it is a helpful way of identifying side-loaded apps, in case you want to check to see which might be in need of update. It's just Carousel where they are fuzzy, with any luck we'll be able to hide the darn thing entirely someday.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-24-2011 at 11:08 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkenzy View Post
Most of the sideload apps of me appear with blurry icon on Carousel. And that's definitely not very nice . I'm wondering is there any way to change it with the sharp icon (like some that I downloaded at amazon)...
That's the price you pay for sideloading.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
It's just because the resolution of the icons is made to be so much smaller than they show on the carousel. Still, very annoying....
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote