Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Computer won't recognize Nook now

I just updated to the 1.7 update and last night when I tried to connect my Nook to remove some books and put new books on it, my laptop won't recognize the Nook. The Nook is shown to be charging but the laptop doesn't show the Nook drive or even that a storage device was hooked up. Does anyone know how to fix this? Could this mean that my USB cable is damaged?
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
My nook updated to 1.7 and I had some problems with it at first so I did a soft reset and this seemed to solve the problem.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
My nook updated to 1.7 and I had some problems with it at first so I did a soft reset and this seemed to solve the problem.
thank you, I did this and everything is back to normal now.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
gwennypet
gwennypet began at the beginning.

Device: bnrv300
Pc won't recognise Nook

I had this problem, sorted by using the correct cable. I had been using my mobile phone cable. Same fittings, different format

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_fishy View Post
I just updated to the 1.7 update and last night when I tried to connect my Nook to remove some books and put new books on it, my laptop won't recognize the Nook. The Nook is shown to be charging but the laptop doesn't show the Nook drive or even that a storage device was hooked up. Does anyone know how to fix this? Could this mean that my USB cable is damaged?
gwennypet is offline   Reply With Quote