Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
SanDisk does not mount

Hello everyone!

When my iRex DR1000s starts up, it does not mount the 2GB SanDisk, so it subsequently cannot read "system" and everything that is in it.

Sometimes the sytem will mount the SanDisk after an reset to factory defaults, but the mount dies after 1 to 2 minutes.
The SanDisk itself, or the filesystem on it, does not seem corrupt since I have no problem mounting it on my notebook, which has a Fedora linux filesystem.

This behavior started after I copied an update directoy into "system".
Can somebody point me in the right direction in getting this to work again?

Thanks & regards, Kuba
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I'd try formatting the disk in the reader.I have two 2Gb cards that don't seem to want to work with my Sony reader but work fine elsewhere and a couple of compact flash cards that don't work with my cameras so there is no accounting for a devices "taste"

However, I'd try to format in your DR1000 and see what happens first.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
jekvb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
However, I'd try to format in your DR1000 and see what happens first.
Thanks Howard,
I 've tried this, but 45 minutes later it was still saying " One moment, please..."...
Is it recommendable to format the SanDisk in VFAT outside the ereader, in a Windows-system?

Regs, Kuba
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well, I'd try formatting it in a windows pc with the FAT file system initially (not FAT32), then install in the reader and see if it sees it. if it does, get the reader to reformat the card and go from their.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
jekvb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Well, I'd try formatting it in a windows pc with the FAT file system initially (not FAT32), then install in the reader and see if it sees it. if it does, get the reader to reformat the card and go from their.
Thanks for your patience. :-)
In the meantime I have tried every possible way to make this working: formatting the SD with a FAT filesystem from within Windows and trying to format from within the iRex itself. With the same result as I described above.

I am beginning to doubt whether the SanDisk 2GB SD device is capable to work with the iRex DR1000S in a stable manner.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks & regards, Kuba
Old 06-10-2011, 03:30 AM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I have a SanDisk Ultra 4GB SDHC that works fine with my DR. Does the original SD-card give any problems?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
jekvb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I have a SanDisk Ultra 4GB SDHC that works fine with my DR. Does the original SD-card give any problems?
To be honest: I don't know if my card is the original one that came with the iRex, since I bought this e-reader secondhand.

But since you claim that your "Sandisk Ultra® II SDHC 4GB High Performance Card" works fine, I know what to do.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #8
jekvb
Connoisseur

In the meantime I purchased the "Sandisk Ultra® II SDHC 4GB High Performance Card" and everything works fine again on my iRex DR1000.

Case closed.
Thanks everyone.

Best regards, Jan Kuba van Bijnen