Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
Golden Update through hotfile

On try number eight, I finally got it to download (you have to wait at least half an hour between tries because it locks you out )

Now, before I use the procedure with menu keys etc and the USB drive to downgrade, can anyone confirm that they know this file is the legit file, either through using it or through looking at it and matching the files? I don't want to brick my EE the second day I have it using a file that isn't the right one.

How do I know if this is the PE one or the EE one?

(If it helps, it's 221,215 in size)

Last edited by North19; 06-03-2011 at 08:50 AM.
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
well...the PE one that I used successfully is 225,379 if that helps
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
EdgeLover523
EdgeLover523 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge, Nook
(If it helps, it's 221,215 in size)
This one is for the EE
EdgeLover523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
The one I used twice yesterday was 155MB w/9 internal files. I also have one w/7 internal files, 220MB, but could not get it to work.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I just searched this forum for older links and found this: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=263 which got me a live page on the enTourage website. Is this the info you were looking for??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
This is strange (maybe not, given the recent past of enTourage), but Thursday when I tried the link(s) I could get to the page okay, but when I tried to download the update(s) I was linked to the "thanks & goodbye" page or got a 404 error. I'm downloading duplicate copies just in case.
Thx, Filark.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I also downloaded copies "just in case."
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Z36u86
Z36u86 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edge
golden_update for pocket edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I also downloaded copies "just in case."
Hi

I am looking for golden_update for Pocket edge. I couldn't find the download links anywhere. Any suggestions, where to find it?

Thank you,
Z36u86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z36u86 View Post
Hi

I am looking for golden_update for Pocket edge. I couldn't find the download links anywhere. Any suggestions, where to find it?

Thank you,
Please see my Resource Sticky. It contains links to several external sites where the update can be downloaded.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Original EE Golden direct download CLICK HERE

Modified EE Golden download - be careful as this version will let you install it on the wrong device and brick it CLICK HERE

Original PE Golden direct download CLICK HERE

Modified PE Golden direct download - be careful as this version will let you install it on the wrong device and brick it CLICK HERE

INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I should add that the PE versions of these files are slightly larger in size than the EE versions.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote