Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Question CSS to emulate table, or...?

Hi:

I posted about my problem over in the Sigil forum, here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94890

explaining that I'm essentially trying to create something that looks like a table but isn't a table (so the epub can also be dropped onto KindleGen for mobis).

If anyone here with CSS expertise could take a look at that post and give me any pointers as to how to resolve this, that would be great--I can't give the client this epub the way it looks now on iPad.

Thanks,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
Genarch
Genarch began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Sigil is great, but does not do complex code yet. You need to do a quick HTML doc that is your table. You can use NoteTab Light html editor (free). There are many html tutorials on the web. Google search. The easy way is search for "html table generator" use the one at http://www.code-generator.net/html/h...enerator.cfm -. After you get the table done, import it into your Sigil epub as an existing item where you need it. You can leave it as a separate section or merge it where you want it.

Last edited by Genarch; 06-04-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: needed to add items
Genarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I do not know if this can help.

I produced this mini EPUB using writer2xhtml v 1.1.7 to export an odt file within LibreOffice. You can have a look on the table code using Sigil.

Of course you can also make an image out of any table even if you may lose a bit on the quality side.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Flottes de combat.epub (9.3 KB, 244 views)
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hitch,

I don't understand the problem, I'm afraid. The Mobi format supports simple tables just fine, so why not use a table?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hell, Harry: I barely remember what I was trying to do...that was, what, August of last year? I use tables now regularly; the support for them has significantly increased in the mobi standard.

Thx,
Hitch
Old 06-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Apologies - I didn't notice that this was a "resurrected" old thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genarch View Post
Sigil is great, but does not do complex code yet.
???? Sigil can handle any code you throw at it, as long as it is correct. However, you need to do it in the CodeView window to code it yourself. But then again, if you would do it in Notepad++ or other text-editor you would have to do it yourself too...

It uses the webkit from the QT framework, so it would have the same issues as for example Calibre in showing.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
... if you would do it in Notepad++ or other text-editor you would have to do it yourself too...
Actually, if you are using a recent version of Notepad++ and the WebEdit plugin (available on from this page: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...Plugin_Central) you can enter a range of tags with a simple toolbar icon click. It is an easily customizable plugin so you can create your own pet set of tags (e.g. ebook/epub specific tags).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Apologies - I didn't notice that this was a "resurrected" old thread.

Harry:

No problem--thanks for the attempted response. ;-) I do actually remember the issue, now; I was trying to force a two-column page of thumbs for a client with an extensive backlist; but with a variety of other data that needed to go in there, we ended up with the ubiquitous single-column usage.

Best,
Hitch

Tags
css, epub, ipad, table emulation