Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Word Soup

Anyone have the new Active Content Game Word Soup yet? It looks quite interesting, but I wanted to know what you guys thought of it first before I buy it
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Anyone have the new Active Content Game Word Soup yet? It looks quite interesting, but I wanted to know what you guys thought of it first before I buy it
I think Kindle's are for reading. That said, I did enjoy the game when it was released on the Xbox a few years ago.

Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
I think Kindle's are for reading. That said, I did enjoy the game when it was released on the Xbox a few years ago.

I agree that Kindles are for reading. However, there's nothing wrong with playing a few games on it every once and a while...
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
I agree that Kindles are for reading. However, there's nothing wrong with playing a few games on it every once and a while...
Well, your purchases of active content are creating a Kindle app marketplace. The marketplace is where most Kindle users will be downloading their content from in the future. This marketplace will soon be filled with games, and books designed to look like games.

Will most Kindle users in the future be reading books on their Kindles as they do now? Or will they be reading scripted experiences? Sold in single installments??

Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
Well, your purchases of active content are creating a Kindle app marketplace. The marketplace is where most Kindle users will be downloading their content from in the future. This marketplace will soon be filled with games, and books designed to look like games.

Will most Kindle users in the future be reading books on their Kindles as they do now? Or will they be reading scripted experiences? Sold in single installments??

Isn't it wonderful that the Kindle is so versatile that it can be used for both...the two certainly are not mutually exclusive.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #6
Giggleton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Isn't it wonderful that the Kindle is so versatile that it can be used for both...the two certainly are not mutually exclusive.
No tool is single purpose, should we be asking ourselves, is it right to play games on our Kindles?

Well that's just something I've been asking myself lately. In a way reading is a game of course. How much can you learn before shuffling off this mortal coil? Or will you through your reading learn of a way to go beyond mortality?

I suppose it's an individual choice that we all must make.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
FuzzyBug
FuzzyBug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi There

We're the developer of Word Soup and we're happy to see people talking about it. It's our first release on the Kindle so it's all new to us.

If you want to see if you like the game there's a free 1 hour trial of the PC version at...

http://www.bigfizz.com/games/word-soup.php

It's the same basic game, the PC version has an extra mode and uses the mouse. The Kindle version uses the 5-way controller to move around and is a good bit cheaper ($2.99 for Kindle, $9.99 for PC).

If you do buy it and like it would you mind giving it a quick review please? The reviews really help us get the word out.

Thanks again!

Scott
FuzzyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
stargazir
Enthusiast
stargazir has learned how to buy an e-book online

Any chance if you know when games will be available for international users? Word soup looks great but my Australian location doesn't permit it's purpose
stargazir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
FuzzyBug
FuzzyBug began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazir View Post
Any chance if you know when games will be available for international users? Word soup looks great but my Australian location doesn't permit it's purpose
Sorry, I've no idea I'm afraid. I'm based in the UK so can't even purchase my own game
FuzzyBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active content, game, kindle, wordgame