Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Google Play books $5 off any ebook over $5.

Went into the app and found the offer waiting for me, and tapped redeem! Limited to the United States, sorry. If you are like me and your library is split over all the major ebook platforms I'm sure you'll find a use for it.

https://goo.gl/photos/6Mq6YN4TsJ6AhWga6

Image imbed didn't like link to google photos

Edit: Gah, title should have said "any" not "and", If a mod cares to fix it? No big deal.

Edit, again, thanks for fixing that tubemonkey!

Also, noticed that I could redeem the offer on both my google accounts!

Last edited by camiller; 01-06-2017 at 01:16 PM.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Went into the app and found the offer waiting for me, and tapped redeem! Limited to the United States, sorry. If you are like me and your library is split over all the major ebook platforms I'm sure you'll find a use for it.

https://goo.gl/photos/6Mq6YN4TsJ6AhWga6

Image imbed didn't like link to google photos

Edit: Gah, title should have said "any" not "and", If a mod cares to fix it? No big deal.

Edit, again, thanks for fixing that tubemonkey!

Also, noticed that I could redeem the offer on both my google accounts!
Looks like a great find. I'm going to find something today to spend it on!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
I got the promo message on my app, too.

HOWEVER...

I've now spent nearly two hours talking to 3 different people in Google Support, trying to figure out why I can't buy a $7.99 book using this promo.

Has anyone used it on a book that does not appear on the list? There's nothing that says that the title needs to come from that section, only that it needs to be an "eligible title" over $5. Even though the purchase page says that my $5 credit will be applied, I cannot get the transaction to go through.

Google is completely clueless, as well.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #4
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
I used that promo the other day. I could have sworn it said it was for any title over $7.99, not over $5.00. The book I bought was $17.50, so for me it didn't matter. I didn't get a message on my app; I was checking Google Play on my PC and there was a banner ad.

Last edited by tamborine; 01-06-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: additional info
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you!!!! I just got Perfect by Judith McNaught for $1.99 with this promo. I use my Google Rewards credit too.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I bought an indie book that was $6.31 as I recall, before the $5 credit.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Wowie! I got the $5 off promo also. That makes 2 offers in 2 weeks. Google is my new best friend.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'd use the $5 promo, only there aren't any $5 books. So it'll go to waste.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Wowie! I got the $5 off promo also. That makes 2 offers in 2 weeks. Google is my new best friend.
What was the other offer?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #10
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
hahahah
Old 01-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #11
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What was the other offer?

Sent from my XT1528
$5 off $5 like this one. It was offered to a select group late last year.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:33 AM   #12
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Don't worry, you'd never find them if they were there, so you couldn't have used it anyway.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:22 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Don't worry, you'd never find them if they were there, so you couldn't have used it anyway.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:01 PM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'd like to test your boundaries.

If you liked the book and it was $5.01, would you buy it?

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-07-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I'd like to test your boundaries.

If the book was $5.01, would you buy it?
That would break my prime directive to never spend real money on digital content, except for audiobooks (which have a $3 limit).

It would depend on the book. If it was a good book on European history, I just might do it. Of course, I'd have to do a lot of soul-searching with the help of liberal quantities of banana daiquiris.