Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #31
XanderRichards
Forensic shoe polisher
XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Hi Rick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
I do most of my conversions / uploads / testing myself.
That sounds like the preferred methodology and it's maybe something I can look at in future. I say that because, at this stage, I wouldn't know snot from sugar about how to fix any issues. And I'm the worst in the world when it comes to learning new software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
Smashwords [...] can sometimes be a bit of a crapshoot.
Yes, I've heard this from a number of sources. That's one of the reasons I went with Bookbaby. Besides... "Smash words"?! Could they not have come up with a better name?

Cheers,
Xander.
XanderRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #32
XanderRichards
Forensic shoe polisher
XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi JS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason the cover is being cut off of the Sony Software is because the XML that is to display the cover is not made properly.
I won't pretend that I understand what XML is but I'm sure you're right. I must say I don't envy the jobs of the people in the conversion department. In the case of my stuff, I think they're getting really close - just a few very minor issues to fix and we'll be there. But it must be tough trying to make a given book compatible to an acceptable standard on all the different e-readers and their app versions.

Cheers,
Xander.
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderRichards View Post
Hi JS.

I won't pretend that I understand what XML is but I'm sure you're right. I must say I don't envy the jobs of the people in the conversion department. In the case of my stuff, I think they're getting really close - just a few very minor issues to fix and we'll be there. But it must be tough trying to make a given book compatible to an acceptable standard on all the different e-readers and their app versions.

Cheers,
Xander.
If you make it look good with Adobe Digital Editions, it will look good on most readers and it will work with apps that use ADE such as Bluefire Reader for iOS and Android. That's all you can do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
Preview mobi file, kindle previewer is the best. It can emulate real device.
Forget mobipocket, it has ceased to update, almost dead.

There's no perfect previewer for ePub till now, none reading app emulates real ereader, sadly, real device is needed.

There're download links of kindle previewer and ePub reading apps on my site
http://epingsoft.com/download.asp
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #35
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
No It's Wonderful!

Just break down the name. "Mobi" (for mobile), "Pocket" (for uhh. . . pocket, I guess). Its a mobile pocket, how cool is that? I mean they COULD have strung 3 letters together. THAT wouldn't be cool because some day we're gonna run out of letters.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
XanderRichards
Forensic shoe polisher

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and input. After a lot of back-and-forth with Bookbaby, I've finally accepted a proof. There were still issues with various different e-reader apps, but none of them were a deal-breaker. Overall the proof is looking pretty good.

Cheers,
Xander.