Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Windows device "Samsung Galaxy Book"

Hi, has anyone else bought this device and is using it as an ereader,
I have started to use it for Kobo and Kindle Windows 10 ereading and wonder about other forum member experiences if any?
John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I bought one as my main computer (replacing a Toshiba Encore 2 Write 10, which replaced an Asus VivoTab Note 8, which replaced my favourite Fujitsu Stylistic ST4121).

I'm been using the Kindle for PC app, and it works okay (annoyingly, the last time I tried, the Windows 8 app from the Microsoft Store wouldn't synch w/ my account).

Mostly read PDFs on it, for which it works quite well. The Kindle for PC app is a bit clunky on a touch device.

The stylus and screen are amazing --- if you like pencils be sure to get the Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 03:13 AM   #3
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Like you I tried the Kindle for PC app as well as the Kobo app. both highly unsatisfactory. both the Kindle paperwhite and the Kobo aura are excellent to read on their dedicated devices, but they don't translate as good PC readers

I dunno, I get more and more stupid as I progress in life (regress perhaps). I have been searching for a good ereader to use on this device and have spent hours loading different ones, trying them then discarding them one after the other.

On the other hand I have been using Calibre as my main library manager for years, having both ePub and AZW books not to mention Lit and Mobi etc, etc. It never occurred to me to use it as an ereader until a short time ago, I have now come to the conclusion that not only is it the best library manager program in existence but it come close to being one of the best ereaders for Windows.

As far as the stylus is concerned the Galaxy book came with both a stylus and a detachable keyboard. I shall probably lose the stylus or it will get chewed by the cat or the dog so I shall keep your recommendation in mind, thanks
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I don't have this device but for Windows 10 I have found the Nook app to be the best for ebooks. It's hard to believe that BN can be the best at anything, but I really like the Nook app for Windows. You can import ePub files. It has good font, line spacing and margin options.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I eventually managed to get the Windows 8 Kindle app to synch, and liked it quite well.

Then had to roll back after Fall Creators Update was installed so that I could get the pen functioning again (Microsoft decided to make it impossible to select text using the stylus w/o a side button, and to have the stylus function as touch input in legacy apps, making it impossible for me to draw in Macromedia Freehand), and found that the Kindle app is no longer available in the Microsoft Store.

I'm currently using the PC app and it works well enough.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert