Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 12:02 AM   #1
kiwiheretic
kiwiheretic began at the beginning.

Device: windows-10
Looking for windows 10 ebook reader

Hi,

I seem to have had a lot of trouble finding an ebook reader for windows 10 that has auto-scrolling and supports pdf and epub format. Auto-scrolling in the same sense that Acrobat reader supports it with Ctrl-Shift-H and varying speeds with the number keys. Notes and/or bookmarks would also be a bonus (but not essential) and even better if it stores them outside the main file (as I currently find waiting several minutes for a 20Mb or larger pdf to re-save is somewhat laborious). I tried your wiki but most of the links on it are now dead. Obviously I would prefer free but would consider inexpensive options as long as they have a trial version.

Yours sincerely
Kiwiheretic

(ps. chose this username for historical reasons and to avoid remembering a hundred different usernames for all the sites I visit its easier to remember just one and this is pretty much guaranteed to be an available choice everywhere)

Last edited by kiwiheretic; 07-21-2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: clarifying
kiwiheretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
What don't you like about Adobe Digital Editions?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 01:24 AM   #3
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I've found Digital Editions to be the best choice for my purposes of annotations. It runs really slowly on my Asus Vivotab Note 8, though, and can be a little clunky to highlight or hit the small page turn buttons on the 8" screen.

I'm personally looking forward to annotations on Edge when it comes out in the Fall update.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote