Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
Crocboy
Crocboy began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre Companion
Windows Calibre Viewer App (now dead)

Hi,

There use to be a windows app that worked great with my Surface Pro 3 - it was called "Calibre Viewer" It displayed all your books in different libraries that you had in Calibre and you could read directly from the app.
It was great for tablets as you could use your touch screen to select and browse and read books in all manner of formats. Epub, Pfd etc.

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden the app stopped working and does no longer seem to be available in the Windows app store.

Does anyone know where it went to or what happened to it??

I hear Freda is also good, but it creates a new library from my Calibre library, using up much valued space on my Surface Pro. Plus Freda does not read PDF files.

Is there any chance that Calibre itself will ever become touch screen friendly?

I read a lot in bed and trying to browse through Calibre with my fingers is a mammoth chore.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Crocboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Check the Calibre group here in this forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
Crocboy
Crocboy began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre Companion
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Check the Calibre group here in this forum.

Dale
Thanks Dale, sorry to have posted in wrong section, my error.

Found what I was looking for. Yes unfortunately Calibre Viewer is now dead.

I did find out through some more searching that I can use the 2 finger swipe to browse through my library in Calibre itself. That has actually solved my problem completely.

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Cheers
Crocboy is offline   Reply With Quote