Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle for Windows Phone won't launch

I can no longer start the app successfully on my Lumia 640 running Windows 10 Mobile. Reviews in Microsoft App Store report similar issues. Have reported it to Amazon and of course they are 'sorry' but no solution. Just curious if anyone is still able to use it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I've been having problems on my pc, finally uninstalled/reinstalled and it works. You might give that a try - be sure to deregister before uninstalling.

Their software is flaky at best in my mind, we have a number of units and it gives problems now and then on all of them.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is Windows Phone, not Windows.

Actually it seems a few other apps have stopped working as well (Kobo, Overdrive, Spotify). Freda, Facebook, all of the Microsoft apps are fine. Hmm.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
This is Windows Phone, not Windows.

Actually it seems a few other apps have stopped working as well (Kobo, Overdrive, Spotify). Freda, Facebook, all of the Microsoft apps are fine. Hmm.
It still works perfectly on my Windows Mobile (it's Windows Mobile, not Windows Phone, you were correct in your first post though ).

Don't use Overdrive nor Kobo, but Spotify also still works perfectly (Wouldn't know what to do if Spotify stopped working, I listen to that about 6 hours of my 8 hour working day!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
yep, you are correct, read that before I posted, sorry to have pulled your snippy chain.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 02:06 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

I thought maybe the Windows Phone 10 Preview build I had on there was causing issues. Downloaded Windows Device Recovery Tool to restore the 'stable' version of Windows Phone, unfortunately it restored Windows Phone 8.1. Kindle app works again, but now I need to figure out (again) how to bump it back up to WP10, which it had been running successfully for a number of months. Spotify still does not work. Could not get Amazon Store app (pre-installed) to register ('internal error, please try later'). And it won't install the latest version of Audible, which I assume requires Windows 10 (I think it is a 'universal' app).
Old 01-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I thought maybe the Windows Phone 10 Preview build I had on there was causing issues. Downloaded Windows Device Recovery Tool to restore the 'stable' version of Windows Phone, unfortunately it restored Windows Phone 8.1. Kindle app works again, but now I need to figure out (again) how to bump it back up to WP10, which it had been running successfully for a number of months. Spotify still does not work. Could not get Amazon Store app (pre-installed) to register ('internal error, please try later'). And it won't install the latest version of Audible, which I assume requires Windows 10 (I think it is a 'universal' app).
So I finally got back to the released version of WP10. Kindle app works again, latest Audible version (with Channels etc), Spotify works, Overdrive works, Kobo works. It's all good (well, the Amazon Store app still does not let me sign in..but don't care)! So the preview build was probably the issue.

Some reviews of Kindle app at Microsoft Store reported being unable to sign in. But it seems Amazon requires two-factor authentication for some reason: they send you a temporary password to your email account, and that's what you need to use to complete sign-in.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-17-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:17 AM   #8
fiza200
fiza200 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 3310
when it will be launch again?
fiza200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:15 AM   #9
MobileFinder
MobileFinder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Windows Phone won't launch

it is already launched for windows phones, but it depends on the operating system of your devices, first make sure that you have windows phone 8 , you just need to download the Kindle app to start reading eBooks now. It’s free and easy to use.
MobileFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Update: Kindle for Windows Phone app works fine once again (has for awhile actually), I'm now on latest WP 10 build ('creators update'). Spotify even started working somewhat (but still a lot of 'loading...' to wait through before it will start playing something).

Creators update also supports ePub reading (with TTS) in Edge browser. It is a little slow on my Lumia 640 but it does work.