Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
leabostero4
leabostero4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle touch bricked, im really lost!!

Hi, first of all, im new here, my name is Leandro, im from Argentina.
Sorry for my bad english!! but here is the only place that i found that i think theres people who can help me with my problem
a few months ago, a friend of mine, gave me her kindle. She didnt use it. A Kindle touch, 2012.
I use it with passion for weeks, but then, one day, i cant erase a book in the main page, and i tried to restart the kindle to erase that book.
from this day, the kindle is struck in the tree boy page. no loading bar. from time to time, a battery message appear, but now is fully charged.
i came here and read it with difficult (i speak spanish not much english), the troubles and solutions, but im not developer man, and it cost.
the thing that happen to me is that i cant go to the diags mode. Not with kubrick, not with mfgtool or fastboot.
i enter in mfgtool, with the lib-sub driver i can see the kindle, but every time it reboots with the treeboy. i flash the kernel and the diags, but nothing.
in the mfgtool, once the kindle "restarts" in diags mode (or other mode) it say "MX50 Kindle, please connect device". After that, i can use the fastboot for flash, it does, but nothing happens.
I tried it in windows, not linux. im not a linux user, but i can try if it can be a solution, but i cant find the fastboot for linux.
if theres a driver, a img or anything that im missing, i dont really know what is.
I use the pdf instructions from silver18.
if anyone can help me with another way to try, i really appreciate it
thanks in advance, sorry again for my bad english
Leandro
leabostero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
leabostero4

i remember, when i use the kubrick cd, the same thing happens... when it came to the diags mode, the message "no device, connect your kindle" (or something like this), appears
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Please put your kindle on a wall charger for at least 24 hours.
Other help will be along shortly.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
leabostero4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Please put your kindle on a wall charger for at least 24 hours.
Other help will be along shortly.
Done it.
Im still reading a lot of threads.
I think that maybe i mismatch the flash files.
I use the mmcblk0p2_ssh, the diags_kernel.img and the kernel-5.0.0.img
maybe i should use the kt_5.0.0-mmcblk0p1-main?
when i tried to do it, fastboot says "Failed". File too large for partition

i tried also this files:
kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img
kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main+jb+kjb+ssh
kt_5.1.2-kernel-main

but maybe i didnt combine it well...
the thing is... i never, ever, enter in diags mode...

Last edited by leabostero4; 11-23-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keep it on the charger till more help arrives.
Advert
Old 12-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #6
leabostero4

no help? its christmas time... should i buy a new one?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Just get a new one.

Tags
bricked, fastboot, kindle, kindle touch