Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I upgraded and the process went seamlessly.

However, my touchpad on my laptop now needs 2 [count'em, 2!!] fingers to scroll. And my touchpad has a place on the side where I used to be able to scroll with single finger efficiency.

It is a pain in the finger. I wouldn't have thought so, but it really is. Enough so that I'm thinking of getting a wireless mouse or trackball or something...
Sounds like you need to upgrade your driver for the touchpad. I would suggest you look at the manufacture's site for some answers.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm doing my new Surface 3 tonight. I must be mad starting it at 10 past Midnight but I know I won't sleep thinking about this so while its peaceful and quiet I'm going to give it a go. It's a brand new device with nothing on it yet, if it doesn't go smoothly at this point when would it
Excellent! Let us know!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #18
zan5hin
zan5hin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I am really at my wits end trying to find a decent app in the windows store that can open epubs and is nice to look at and works with Windows 10.

I have literally intalled 12 different ones, most of them were crap to use and a bunch just failed working properly at all with Windows 10.

The latest being fictionbookreader (and isn't it great how the Windows Store can't find this app because I tried searching for just "fiction"?)

Anyway, I associated all epubs with fictionbookreader and it says "book imports done. Do you want to open new books?" and I say yes, and then .... nothing.

I know it is developers and not Microsoft that need to make the effort, but even the Nook app, the latest comments say it is buggy with Windows 10.

Is there anything decent in the way of a Windows Store app for epub? I am actually prepared to pay for a decent one.
zan5hin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #19
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zan5hin View Post
I am really at my wits end trying to find a decent app in the windows store that can open epubs and is nice to look at and works with Windows 10.

I have literally intalled 12 different ones, most of them were crap to use and a bunch just failed working properly at all with Windows 10.

The latest being fictionbookreader (and isn't it great how the Windows Store can't find this app because I tried searching for just "fiction"?)

Anyway, I associated all epubs with fictionbookreader and it says "book imports done. Do you want to open new books?" and I say yes, and then .... nothing.

I know it is developers and not Microsoft that need to make the effort, but even the Nook app, the latest comments say it is buggy with Windows 10.

Is there anything decent in the way of a Windows Store app for epub? I am actually prepared to pay for a decent one.
It takes a while for Fiction Book Reader to import titles.
I fed it a folder with 800 titles and it took a couple hours to build the library.
It works fine for me.

FREDA also works well.

Also, remember the Windows store isn't the only source for apps.
Anything that run on desktop Windows runs in Win10.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #20
rootandroid
Enthusiast
rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S5
I am thinking of upgrading my netbook to Windows 10 any feedbacks may be positive or negative about the upgrade. I am filling their are still lot of bugs on it but if the problem is minor then i will go for the upgrade.
rootandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #21
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootandroid View Post
I am thinking of upgrading my netbook to Windows 10 any feedbacks may be positive or negative about the upgrade. I am filling their are still lot of bugs on it but if the problem is minor then i will go for the upgrade.
Smoothest windows upgrade I've experienced in 30 years. No issues what-so-ever other than one minor issue with my video driver which was remedied by a simple 'update driver' click.

All my applications are working flawlessly.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #22
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Excellent! Let us know!
Windows 10 installed. Norton installed (which was a bugger) and first scan running now just to check everything's okay. I'm off to bed now.

Thanks again Kenny for the link to the download, it was much appreciated.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:02 PM   #23
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Windows 10 installed. Norton installed (which was a bugger) and first scan running now just to check everything's okay. I'm off to bed now.

Thanks again Kenny for the link to the download, it was much appreciated.
Woo-Hoo!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #24
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My son & I updated our PC the other day. We Both have The same pc ... Yet on mine I couldn't do anything ...it even said I didn't have a Sound Card!! I couldn't adjust the font it stayed tiny! Getting online was a joke! Couldn't get to my email MR or any places I usually go. 4 hours messing with 10 I gave up took it off my PC.. Was easy! Yet when my son tried to remove it he cant! So for several days hes been fighting it to get it to work!

Any one know how to remove it & go back to Win 8.1? HP PC With mine there was a window that asked me if I wanted to return to 8.1 it just popped up. Guess I hit something but don't know what or where!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #25
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
My son & I updated our PC the other day. We Both have The same pc ... Yet on mine I couldn't do anything ...it even said I didn't have a Sound Card!! I couldn't adjust the font it stayed tiny! Getting online was a joke! Couldn't get to my email MR or any places I usually go. 4 hours messing with 10 I gave up took it off my PC.. Was easy! Yet when my son tried to remove it he cant! So for several days hes been fighting it to get it to work!

Any one know how to remove it & go back to Win 8.1? HP PC With mine there was a window that asked me if I wanted to return to 8.1 it just popped up. Guess I hit something but don't know what or where!
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...s-7-8-3615606/
Old 08-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #26
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
kennyc
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:26 AM   #27
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Thanks, will check it out!
Thanks much, got my main unit done and well on the way with a netbook!
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #28
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Can anyone help me with OneNote, it's driving me nuts and I'm getting nowhere googling the problem.

I have activated my years free office 365 and signed into the desktop version of One Note but the live tile won't sync at all even though I am logged in as an Account in the tile version. Ideally I want to make the live tile my default not the desktop but I can't see what to do. It's annoying as I can't uninstall the live tile version either.

Any help would be appreciated. The Surface support chat people are closed today.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #29
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I upgraded and the process went seamlessly.

However, my touchpad on my laptop now needs 2 [count'em, 2!!] fingers to scroll. And my touchpad has a place on the side where I used to be able to scroll with single finger efficiency.

It is a pain in the finger. I wouldn't have thought so, but it really is. Enough so that I'm thinking of getting a wireless mouse or trackball or something...
When I upgraded, all my touchpad options were reset to manufacturer default. Perhaps you're experiencing the same?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #30
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Just a heads up - I have a Sony netbook with windows 7 - tried to update - failed - tried again - failed. At this point a note from Sony popped up telling me they don't have Windows 10 drivers available for all units.

They give a month when drivers will be available and that SOME units will not get new drivers.

If you have a sony, might be good to snoop their site before wasting several hours downloading and find it didn't work.

AND of course MS makes you go through the total download again to find out if it was a fluke with their stuff or your machine.

Last edited by exscentric; 08-02-2015 at 01:16 PM.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote