Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
LuucyyQueen
LuucyyQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unable to open books on kobo touch

My Kobo Touch Ereader was working fine but after powering it off one night and turning it on the next morning I now cannot open certain kepubs, even ones I have read and finished or were reading at the time. I get an error message saying:
''Oops! This document couldn't be opened: There might be a problem with the file. Try updating your library.''

I have updated my library and still cannot open the kepub books (they are all free ebooks by the way)

I cannot read them on the kobo desktop either, it comes up with this error message:
''Content locked: we are unable to display the selected content. it may be locked or corrupt''

I tried removing and re-downloading the books that wont open but that hasn't worked.

I have heard about doing a factory reset but will only do this as a last resort, has anyone else got/had this problem?

Any solutions?
LuucyyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've heard that sme people have had an issue with free kepubs after a recent sync you can find the thread here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171005
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
LuucyyQueen
LuucyyQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up thanks!

Ah i must of missed that thread when i was searching through them for someone with a similar problem. Thankyou!
LuucyyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
No problem. Happy to help.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Suzanne B
Suzanne B began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch EReader
Unable to open books and DRM

Hi - I'm getting, when I have finally got a downloaded library ebook on to my Kobo Touch, this unfriendly comment: "this doc couldn't be opened, it is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) Licence which has expired. Please renew the document's licence and try again."

I saw somewhere else that it's not unusual. Some suggestion that the clock has to be put back/forward but not sure to what degree. I thought using Adobe Digital Editions was supposed to take care of such problems.

I have had this Kobo EReader since January and haven't been able to get one book on to it yet. So I am pulling out my hair.
Suzanne B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
amp983
amp983 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I am having the exact same problem-whenever I try to open a library book, my KOBO touch says "oops! This document can't be opened". It seems like something is wrong with my Adobe, but I've installed everything properly. Did you find a solution?
amp983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne B View Post
Hi - I'm getting, when I have finally got a downloaded library ebook on to my Kobo Touch, this unfriendly comment: "this doc couldn't be opened, it is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) Licence which has expired. Please renew the document's licence and try again."

I saw somewhere else that it's not unusual. Some suggestion that the clock has to be put back/forward but not sure to what degree. I thought using Adobe Digital Editions was supposed to take care of such problems.

I have had this Kobo EReader since January and haven't been able to get one book on to it yet. So I am pulling out my hair.

1. Is you Kobo authorized with ADE?

2. You did add the book with ADE right?

3. The book isn't expired is it?

4. You didn't return the book after loading onto your Kobo did you? This will cause the book that's on you Kobo to expire also. I thought returning after I loaded was okay (Letting the next person on the list have it quicker) but it doesn't work.

Setting the clock back only worked on older Kobo's where you could manually set the clock, but this was only a fix for when you didn't read the entire book in the time that you borrowed it for, by setting the clock back you could get more time to finish the book. This only worked for books that were already on your Kobo.

It sounds like the book is probably expired. Can you open the book with ADE?

Last edited by The Terminator; 04-18-2012 at 12:41 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp983 View Post
I am having the exact same problem-whenever I try to open a library book, my KOBO touch says "oops! This document can't be opened". It seems like something is wrong with my Adobe, but I've installed everything properly. Did you find a solution?
In this case, often all you need to do is fully power down your Kobo (i.e. turn it off rather than just put it to sleep) and reboot. Might not work in all cases, but a pretty painless first step to try anyway.

EDIT: this assumes that you aren't getting the Adobe part of the message the O.P. was having.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
turcfrench
turcfrench began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Bonjour - I cannot open a book on my kobo touch reader since the last update of the software. Some of the old one can be opened (free ebook) but not the one I was reading (not free). I've tried everything said above - I have no error message. When I click on the book, it seems that kobo is reboting itself but nothing else happen. I am not able to remove the book (since I cannot select it or open it).
turcfrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
errors, kobo touch