Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
zeldagirl
zeldagirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Conversion Problems

I just downloaded the lastest calibre, I already have a library filled with books, some converted, others not converted. I selected about 20 in the batch, it used to recognize and ask me if I wanted to convert the ones that were already converted but it is not doing that now. how I get that back. I do not want to have to convert my entire library again
zeldagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldagirl View Post
I just downloaded the lastest calibre, I already have a library filled with books, some converted, others not converted. I selected about 20 in the batch, it used to recognize and ask me if I wanted to convert the ones that were already converted but it is not doing that now. how I get that back. I do not want to have to convert my entire library again
If it is NOT asking, then the preferred format does not exist.
This suggests the setting got lost.
Preferences: Behavior
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:20 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quote:
If it is NOT asking, then the preferred format does not exist.
This suggests the setting got lost.
Preferences: Behavior
I just tried it myself converting an epub to epub and the usual pop-up asking if this is right did not occur. Epub is still selected as preferred. I also reset all disabled confirmation dialogs.

Quote:
I do not want to have to convert my entire library again
Why would this popup missing cause you to have to convert your entire library again? If you use the Tag browser you can go to formats and click the format you don't want to convert until there is a red minus sign next to it. The remaining books that you see are the ones you wish to convert.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert