Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #16
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Ok...I just tried this in Windows 10, and I was able to get to the font controls with just the touchscreen...not that it was easy, but I did finally get there. While in the app, swipe down from the top. Keep doing this until you see the menu appear at the bottom of the screen.

It's not a perfect solution by any means...but it does work.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #17
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Ok...I just tried this in Windows 10, and I was able to get to the font controls with just the touchscreen...not that it was easy, but I did finally get there. While in the app, swipe down from the top. Keep doing this until you see the menu appear at the bottom of the screen.

Shari

Thanks for that info. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #18
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
It works reliably to swipe...once you know the trick. Kindle on a Surface 3 is not garbage like everyone seems to think. It actually works fairly well. It's just different than some of the other Kindle implementations.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #19
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Those with "touch" issues with Windows tablets and "desktop" applications might consider using TouchMousePointer. It presents either a fixed side "trackpad", a transparent overlay trackpad, or makes the whole screens a virtual trackpad.

I haven't used it on Win10 yet, but it has been a boon on my Win8.1 Dell Venue 8 Pro.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:35 AM   #20
Millimole
Millimole began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
ive finallemanaged to get to the settings on the Kindle app using my touch screen cheap Chinese tablet : bring up the on-screen keyboard (from settings > ease of access > keyboard) then touch the NAV button on the keyboard - the settings appear, but will only be applied once the app irestarted, which will also hide the on-screen keyboard.
Millimole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #21
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post

Shari
Actually this works pretty well for me, even though (get this!) I'm running w10 on a Kangaroo PC that is tethered to my iPad, running an app that serves as a touch display for the PC.

Prior to this, the only way to get the reading options toolbars to display was to right click with the wireless keyboard+trackpad I use with the Kangaroo PC (windows-ese for 'bring up context menu'). I would expect a long touch would be the equivalent, since that is how one brings up context menu on Windows normally (just as right click does). But it does not work with the Kindle app, at least with my iPad-as-touchscreen.

Creating highlights/notes and dictionary lookup is a little flakey on my touchscreen. Sometimes it works, mostly not.

I need to do some study of Windows touch gestures, it is pretty new to me and I'm sure I'm ignorant of some of them.

I would like to see Amazon do a universal Windows app, as I play with the Kindle app on a cheap Lumia phone running w10m. Functionally, the available mobile app is not that different than the desktop app, but if they were converged, it should be easier for Amazon to add features to both, which would be welcome. Kobo's app is universal, as is Freda and probably a couple of others.

Last edited by tomsem; 04-28-2016 at 09:35 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote