Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #36031
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Or should I start making regular sacrifices to the deities of IT mystery?
Now, you KNOW you are supposed to have been doing the sacrifices all along! Tsk. It's a wonder anything works for you!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #36032
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Now, you KNOW you are supposed to have been doing the sacrifices all along! Tsk. It's a wonder anything works for you!
My area is now denuded of sacrifices and it's lonely.

I am now preparing to read the first of the Gordonious series by Steven
Saylor in paperback (forgive me) of which there are umpteen, so that I can then pass them on to friends, who use a lovely, old fashioned library down the road.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #36033
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thank you all for your comforting words. It's been a bit of a weird week so I haven't had a chance to reply yet. It seems he only wanted to speak to our mother, I've no idea what was said but since she didn't mention anything I assume he didn't ask after me or my sister. Because he doesn't seem to be interested in either of us I decided not to feel guilty that I don't want to meet him. Maybe I will in the future but not now.

On a happier note, on Friday I got the final confirmation for my weekend away in Antwerp (31 May-3 June). It came with a 10% discount coupon for chocolate! I just booked my train ticket so except for a couple of things I still need to buy I'm ready to go.

I'm already planning my next two holidays; in September I'm planning to go to Copenhagen with my sister for a midweek or so. And since I loved my solitary week away in a holiday park in January I'm already looking for good offers for January 2014 (if I can get a really good deal I might even make it 2 weeks)
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #36034
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Reading a few lines from the first book chosen by the new founded MR-German-Bookclub, going to bed in an Hour or so because Monday starts at 4:00AM MEST
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #36035
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Having a piece of Apple pie, reading a book... In bed... Wifey sleeping... Tomorrow is pay bill day..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #36036
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm being lazy, drinking coffee, and eating a chocolate biscotti.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #36037
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking at the weather forecast for the coming week and wondering if I might have a weekend off from looking after Luca this weekend (lots of rain predicted). To be honest, I wouldn't mind a long Sunday morning in bed with the radio on and a good book, instead of getting up early to walk the dog and pack my bag.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #36038
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Among other things, I started giving Crystal a haircut yesterday. I've never cut a dog's hair before. Don't know when I'll finish, because she likes to lay on the side I'm trying to cut. At the moment, she looks kind of funny.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #36039
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Among other things, I started giving Crystal a haircut yesterday. I've never cut a dog's hair before. Don't know when I'll finish, because she likes to lay on the side I'm trying to cut. At the moment, she looks kind of funny.
If you think dogs are hard to trim .... try cats! I have to trim Stella's 'nether regions' - long haired cats & litter boxes sometimes don't mix well ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #36040
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Oh yeah! I've tried to trim my Charley too, with very similar results. He looks very odd for a few days! And even when I'm done, it's a very shaggy cut. But cooler, when the weather is hot, so that's all that matters.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #36041
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I kept my 3 year old great-niece today. It's never too early to learn the fine art of making toll house chocolate chip cookies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	621062_466477410095469_655619703_o.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	105931   Click image for larger version

Name:	966401_466477500095460_539903868_o.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	105932  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #36042
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Trying to decide which Victorinox Swiss Army knife I want. I've got a nice Leatherman knife for when I'm working in the store. That one only has one blade (half smooth, half serrated) and for in my handbag I want an a-lot-in-one knife. At the moment I'm leaning towards the SwissChamp knife (33 tools).
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #36043
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
AMAZING!!!! I filed a wrongful termination/EEOC complaint against a major employer back in '07 I won in the State I was in, but the entity refused to negotiate, it was then referred on to the Federal level. I just got a call from them. it is FINALLY moving forward!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #36044
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I kept my 3 year old great-niece today. It's never too early to learn the fine art of making toll house chocolate chip cookies!
Oh my ... such serious concentration ... totally focused on the job! And too cute!

Where's the photo of the taste test?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #36045
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Oh my ... such serious concentration ... totally focused on the job! And too cute!

Where's the photo of the taste test?
Taste test!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taste.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	105957  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?