Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
ashadocat
ashadocat began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
invert screen

I prefer to read white on a black background, I find it's easier on my eyes and better for reading in dim light. is there any easy way to change black to white and white to black for text. obviously we wouldn't want to do it for pictures but if there's an easy way to do it for just everything that would also be great.
ashadocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Not at this time
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
ModileReader
ModileReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver)
Hey to all the Dev-freaks, you all want a black screen with white text on your silver Readers, don´t you?
Is it still impossible? =( Because I wold love it when my Silver Reader would have an invert screen (=
ModileReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
This is possible with the epub format - white text on a black background.
Format your doc in word, save as HTML and convert with calibre.
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Thanks for the tips, I also find inverted colors a lot easier to read in dark areas. I wouldn't use Word to create the html since Word add a lot of junk code into the html and it took me 5-10 mins just to convert one book! And custom font doesn't work when converted with Word.

Instead I used txt2html and it works great.
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
lcbannon
Enthusiast
lcbannon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I just added the code the Calibre developer posted and it worked like a charm to auto inverse on all books I convert in Calibre..this is the code and it goes in the extra css box in the look and feel section under preferences then conversion ...just copy and paste.

body { background-color: black; color: white; }
lcbannon is offline   Reply With Quote