Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-18-2022, 06:51 PM   #1
42piratas
42piratas began at the beginning.

Device: all
How to hide entirely the nav page?

Hi there!

I've hired someone to transform a pdf into an epub. In the file delivered by this person, there's NO nav page (if you wanted to access the navigation, you needed to click on the TOC icon).

But then I had to change a few images and make a few adjustments in the pages myself, using Sigil, and then the nav page started appearing in the book.

I do not want to have that page, it's a children's book anyway.

I've go back to the original file and repeated the process trying to find where that would be triggered, but couldn't find it.

Why is this happening, and how could I hide/remove the nav page?

I appreciate the help! Thnaks!
42piratas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:04 PM   #2
42piratas

Note: I do not simply hide the list/TOC, which I've seen I could with HIDDEN="HIDDEN". I want to hide/remove the entire page.
Advert
Old 10-18-2022, 07:29 PM   #3
42piratas

The current code:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops">
<head>
<title>Capitão Théo</title>
</head>
<body>
<nav id="toc" epub:type="toc">
<h2>Contents</h2>
<ol>
<li><a href="Capit_o_Th_o-1.xhtml">Capitão Théo</a></li>
</ol>
</nav>
<nav epub:type="page-list">
<h2>PageList</h2>
<ol>
<li><a href="Capit_o_Th_o-1.xhtml">1</a></li>
</ol>
</nav>
</body>
</html>
Old 10-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #4
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Check the spine in the OPF file. If the nav page is listed in the spine list, remove it. Done. Alternatively, if you want to remove it completely, just delete the nav file altogether. Done.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:30 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The NAV document is a required element for EPUB3. You can't just remove it. 1) the tools you're using won't let you, and 2) your EPUB3 wouldn't pass validation if they did.

Hiding is your only option. You may want to brush up on EPUB requirements. There's nothing wrong with combining the NAV with an HTML toc, but if you were truly given an EPUB3 that contained no NAV whatsoever, then you paid for a broken EPUB.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-18-2022 at 08:59 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2022, 02:50 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42piratas View Post
Note: I do not simply hide the list/TOC, which I've seen I could with HIDDEN="HIDDEN". I want to hide/remove the entire page.
Well, hell, sure, go right ahead and remove it entirely--but, alas, alack, I fear you will find that the ePUB then immediately ceases functioning, so...can't recommend that path.

¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

Use Hidden. You'll be fine. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:26 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Put the NAV at the back of the eBook.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:05 PM   #8
42piratas

Thank you, @Foozle! Grazie, gracias, obrigado!
Old 10-19-2022, 05:34 PM   #9
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ha, I guess all the other advice given is of no consequence...
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 06:13 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Ha, I guess all the other advice given is of no consequence...
OH MY GOD.

What the holy...????

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, sigil