Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
mrMolio
mrMolio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Unhappy Files converted to MOBI not readable on Paperwhite

I'm using Calibre 4.19, and my Kindle Paperwhite is firmware version 5.12.4
Recently, whenever I use Calibre to convert an epub to a MOBI file, that file won't work on my Kindle. I get the old error:

"Unable to Open Item - The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and download it again from the Cloud on the Home Screen."

This used to work fine for me, but the error has started happening with the last version of Calibre and the most recent. These same files read fine in the Kindle app for Android - I use that on a Galaxy Tab 10, but not on the Paperwhite.

I can convert the epub to an AZW3 file, and that file reads fine in the Kindle.

Don't know if the issue is Kindle or Calibre, or how to remedy. I've tried factory resetting the Kindle, but no change.

Thanks for any help,
MM
mrMolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to calibre's MOBI output in years. If AZW3 is working, use it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, mobi conversion, paperwhite 1