Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-27-2022, 12:52 PM   #1
cotegajardo
cotegajardo began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
Sigil archive does not respond to stylesheet

Hi!
I'm using Sigil 1.9.20 to make ebooks, and sometimes, some archives doesn't respond to the stylesheet, even when it's linked in the head of every .xhtml.
I start with Indesign and then export to epub adjustable.
And, I visualize the archive .epub in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5, but in other visualizers like Books in Mac, it seems ok.

And when I do all the steps again to export, it does not has this problem, so the problem isn't in the indesign archive.

Does someone have this issue? Please share, I have to make the archives all over again when this happens.

cotegajardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 01:30 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Welcome to MR!

Some software, like Adobe Digital Editions will completely discard the css file if there is a single error on it. This is NOT what they are supposed to do… they are supposed to degrade elegantly and, at worst, ignore just the actual error.

I would run your stylesheet through a css checker… there is one built-in to Sigil that uses the online version, or you can install the plug-in and use it offline.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I am confused? What do you mean by a "Sigil archive". Are you using this to indicate an epub produced by Sigil? And if so, is it an epub2 or an epub3? Epub3 basically follows the css3 standard but much of css3 is not supported in epub2 only readers.

I agree with Turtle91. You should validate the existing css against the proper css specification (css 2.0 or css 2.1 for epub2; and css3 for epub3) and of course follow that up with epubcheck.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sigil, stylesheet.css