Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-31-2021, 06:51 AM   #1
michaelbr
Connoisseur
michaelbr began at the beginning.

Device: Android 12
Sigil dark theme

I'm using Sigil 1.4.3 in MX Linux21, previously when I'm using dark theme in Linux19, it worked fine, but not with Linux21, is there any dark theme for Sigil or is there a way for me to change the background color to dark?
michaelbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:03 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil supports native dark themes on Windows, and MacOS, and Dark themes on Linux as well. Not sure which version of Sigil it was added. Have you tried with later versions of Sigil? There is an environment variable that can be used to override system settings if needed as well.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I use qt5ct and/or kvantum on Linux to theme Sigil. They work pretty well. There is also a dark theme inherent to Sigil that you can force by setting the environment variable FORCE_SIGIL_DARKMODE_PALETTE to 1 , but I don't remember off-hand when the built-in dark theme was added to Sigil. Maybe 1.1-ish?

EDIT: Yep, the Sigil Linux docs indicate 1.1.

qt5ct relies on the QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME environment variable being set to "qt5ct" to work. Perhaps one of the env vars got borked in the upgrade?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-31-2021 at 12:43 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:30 AM   #4
michaelbr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Sigil supports native dark themes on Windows, and MacOS, and Dark themes on Linux as well. Not sure which version of Sigil it was added. Have you tried with later versions of Sigil? There is an environment variable that can be used to override system settings if needed as well.
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately Sigil doesn't have binary and I'm not that knowledgeable in Linux to compile on my own (just had to re-installed OS because I messed it up). I tried to check the Preferences, but couldn't find a setting for theme, and there's not lot of information about it in the web.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:31 AM   #5
michaelbr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I use qt5ct and/or kvantum on Linux to theme Sigil. They work pretty well. There is also a dark theme inherent to Sigil that you can force by setting the environment variable FORCE_SIGIL_DARKMODE_PALETTE to 1 , but I don't remember off-hand when the built-in dark theme was added to Sigil. Maybe 1.1-ish?

EDIT: Yep, the Sigil Linux docs indicate 1.1.

qt5ct relies on the QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME environment variable being set to "qt5ct" to work. Perhaps one of the env vars got borked in the upgrade?
Thanks for this tip, I'll take a look at the doc to see how to do it.

Tags
dark theme, linux debian, sigil