Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
My Rooted PRS-T1 in Trouble and Rescued...

A week ago I received my PRS-T1 and rooted it with porkupan's Expand System Set. Since then it's been working great. I installed a couple of apps and and I've been using CoolReader with no problem. But this morning the reader frooze, and when I resetted it, the only message that appeared after the "Opening Book" screen was:

"The application ADWLauncher EX has stopped unespectedly. Please try again."

I force closed the message again and again but the same message keep appearing. Since I had chosen ADWLauncher as the default Homescreen, I have no way to access any other application. The menus do not work at all.

I've tried restoring my reader with porkupan's Rescue Set. But even though the reader is connected through USB to my computer, only the following message appear in CMD:

"The device is not ready.
Script did not complete
Press any key to continue..."

The same thing happened with the Minimal Root Set and the Expand System Set. I then tried to hard reset my reader with the Sony original "Holding the BACK and NEXT PAGE" method, but I only got back to the initial screen with the ADWLauncher force close message.

I've got no idea how to proceed. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me with the problem. Thanks.

Last edited by sein; 11-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Found the solution in the Russian ebook.org, a SD Card Rescue by Porkupan. Recovered the original firmware, then rerooted it and my reader works fine now. Thanks once again to Porkupan!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Question is: what may have caused your problem?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I also had this once. Some apps like Barshortcuts do not get installed properly with the root set (wrong access rights).

Uninstall+wiping related data directory+reinstall solved it for me.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote