Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
cerise
cerise began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions

I have been using Adode Digital Editions for a while. Then I got my new Sony reader, authorized it on ADE and downloaded the Sony Reader Library. However, now when I check out books from the library, it automatically downloads via Sony Reader Library. For minor reasons, I actually prefer using ADE. Does anyone know how to change the settings so that library ebooks open in ADE rather than Sony Reader Library? Thanks!
cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Go to where you store the ACSM file you first download when checking out a library book (I save mine to a dedicated Download folder). Right click on one of the acsm files and there should be an option "Open with" and in that option a further option "choose program to open with" or something like that. There you can set ADE to be standard for that kind of file.

Last edited by Asawi; 03-06-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Alternative method:
Control panel - Program - Standard program (don't know what it says in the English version, but something along those lines) - associate a program to a file type
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
In Windows 7, control panel, default programs, then go to acsm and change the default program to ADE.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote