Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Thumbs up Just wanted to say thank you to NiLuJe and team!

Just wanted to thank you guys for all you do, and how much your help has made reading more enjoyable for so many people.

So
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
And especially a big thanks to @hwhw!
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, everyone's been on a roll lately .

\o/
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You guys really led this to another level. I admit there's fatherly feelings, but really, the child is out of school and is doing pretty well without me :-P

Just kidding, you guys rock. I left you with it when I was heading towards my law exam (being somewhat of a slacker, after 32 semesters of "studying" - well, it was studying alright, just diverged a bit on the subject, though). You've really polished it and made it shine. And at some points on some evenings I have a glass of wine and look in astonishment at the code I wrote three or four years ago... (that LuaJIT/Java integration or the event loop are some things I'm really scratching my head about... although I have to admit that I wrote another event loop in Lua in the meantime - and although it is just four months old, I'm already in even more awe about that one. Don't ever get fixed on coroutines, pals...)

Thanks for the thanks, though. I think development in the hobbyist/enthusiast league is about showing&learning and I have a feeling that this project consisted of showing and learning right from the start. (Also, I've become a Lua evangelist over it, even though I have to endure those "noone starts counting at 1" jokes...)

Edit/PS: Maybe I should add (and maybe I just want to) that nowadays I have a full time job at a library, so I have to be even more economic about my spare time. I am still programming for fun (somewhat indicated above), but my interests and focus of work is constantly shifting towards the next thing, which could be anything really. Since starting kindlepdfreader (back in the time that was the name and it did not really have a visual UI at all - I was just disappointed with what the Kindle DXG had to offer...) I programmed software defined radio code on embedded devices (I now grok I&Q samples, modulations, dual core Cortex-M ARM cpus, yaddayadda), microcontrollers and RTOS systems, electrical engineering of buses and signals, created a Zigbee controller framework in Lua, installed some 1000base-LX infrastructure, did devops for a public wifi mesh network and so much more - I'm just that kind of restless hacker and also do a lot of organizational work in a local hacker space and a bit of representation of that within a larger national hacker community. It's not out of disinterest that I'm not working on KOReader anymore, it's out of being... busy :-P

Last edited by hawhill; 04-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #5
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've seen a lot of thanks threads, could we make one of them a sticky
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
stats
stats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enough

Device: sony pr505
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
You guys really led this to another level. I admit there's fatherly feelings, but really, the child is out of school and is doing pretty well without me :-P

Just kidding, you guys rock. I left you with it when I was heading towards my law exam (being somewhat of a slacker, after 32 semesters of "studying" - well, it was studying alright, just diverged a bit on the subject, though). You've really polished it and made it shine. And at some points on some evenings I have a glass of wine and look in astonishment at the code I wrote three or four years ago... (that LuaJIT/Java integration or the event loop are some things I'm really scratching my head about... although I have to admit that I wrote another event loop in Lua in the meantime - and although it is just four months old, I'm already in even more awe about that one. Don't ever get fixed on coroutines, pals...)

Thanks for the thanks, though. I think development in the hobbyist/enthusiast league is about showing&learning and I have a feeling that this project consisted of showing and learning right from the start. (Also, I've become a Lua evangelist over it, even though I have to endure those "noone starts counting at 1" jokes...)

Edit/PS: Maybe I should add (and maybe I just want to) that nowadays I have a full time job at a library, so I have to be even more economic about my spare time. I am still programming for fun (somewhat indicated above), but my interests and focus of work is constantly shifting towards the next thing, which could be anything really. Since starting kindlepdfreader (back in the time that was the name and it did not really have a visual UI at all - I was just disappointed with what the Kindle DXG had to offer...) I programmed software defined radio code on embedded devices (I now grok I&Q samples, modulations, dual core Cortex-M ARM cpus, yaddayadda), microcontrollers and RTOS systems, electrical engineering of buses and signals, created a Zigbee controller framework in Lua, installed some 1000base-LX infrastructure, did devops for a public wifi mesh network and so much more - I'm just that kind of restless hacker and also do a lot of organizational work in a local hacker space and a bit of representation of that within a larger national hacker community. It's not out of disinterest that I'm not working on KOReader anymore, it's out of being... busy :-P
KOReader is awesome. I use it exclusively. Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:03 AM   #7
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Add me to the list of grateful users!

Very happy with the margin changes in the latest version, and the "reclaim bar height" option for the status bar too. It's amazing - within three weeks of starting to use KOReader my minor bugbears have been completely addressed.

One question... what's the easiest way to find to find out what else has changed in each release?
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
One question... what's the easiest way to find to find out what else has changed in each release?
If you found the download over at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases then you'll have seen the release notes associated with each release. Is there something else in particular you were expecting to find?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #9
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Is there something else in particular you were expecting to find?
No, just didn't want to miss anything!

I originally installed via the one-step package and updated from within KOReader, so had not actually seen the main github page. Thanks.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote