Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MobileRead Dev Hub closes doors on April 1st

We started the MobileRead Dev Hub with the mission to provide MobileRead developers with free disk space, a revision control system (SVN) and a bug tracker (Trac). At that time, free options where limited.

Fortunately things have improved greatly since. It's easy to host new projects on free and reliable platforms, including those that we greatly recommend such as GitHub and Bitbucket.

We decided that the Dev Hub served its purpose and that the time has come to close its doors. We will therefore disconnect the software versioning and bug tracking system by April 1, 2013. Files currently stored on the Dev site will be archived for a limited time afterwards in case anybody needs to access them.

Cheers,
Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The DEV Hub needs to be removed from the top line in the forum page.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Is the OP real? I couldn't help but notice the date in bold the 1st time I read it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I also wonder if it is real?

I will need to access my old files there if it is real and wonder how to do that. The argument for putting things in the Dev hub were that it was permanent and did not disappear when developers disappear...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd better ask Alex, but I really don't think he's in the habit of posting false announcements.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You'd better ask Alex, but I really don't think he's in the habit of posting false announcements.
I will check this when I get home from Eastercon but the link in mobiperl for the releases will stop working and this is annoying.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The DEV Hub needs to be removed from the top line in the forum page.
Thanks. Will be fixed ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I will need to access my old files there if it is real and wonder how to do that. The argument for putting things in the Dev hub were that it was permanent and did not disappear when developers disappear...
Nothing has been deleted; we only shut down the machine that was running Dev. Dev was a heavily modified Trac system which was too time-consuming to maintain in comparison to how little it was actually used (which is not a surprise given the rise of Github and such).

I am considering putting the stored files together and listing them for download if that would solve your problem.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post

I am considering putting the stored files together and listing them for download if that would solve your problem.
That would be perfect. Probably the latest binary and non-binary release is enough so that the links can be made to work. Or I can put the file somewhere else for download.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
That would be perfect. Probably the latest binary and non-binary release is enough so that the links can be made to work. Or I can put the file somewhere else for download.
NP, I see what I can do.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
I also wonder if it is real?

Where did you host your files? Your mobiperl site still links to MobileRead Dev? Where are they now?

What about making a MobileRead organization at GitHub/GitLab to help organize small projects and be versioned instead using tarballs? This could be nice to guide new developers, for example
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
Where did you host your files? Your mobiperl site still links to MobileRead Dev? Where are they now?

What about making a MobileRead organization at GitHub/GitLab to help organize small projects and be versioned instead using tarballs? This could be nice to guide new developers, for example
I believe the source files and Windows binaries for the various versions are still available at http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe44/mobiperl/downloads
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote