Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #1
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Happy New Year!/ Layout Issues Without Google

Happy New Year everyone! <3

For those of us residing in places without access to Google, MR is hard to use. I never noticed using a VPN but with interest in ebooks rising around the world (particularly in China and the Middle East), it may help people from these locales if there were any way to reduce these dependencies. It isn't about the fun-lounge-spam but the products using MR to provide support and the products of the future, which would use MR in the same capacity if these resources didn't have the unintended effect of geofencing our community. The Chinese President is also promising to crack down on VPNs this year so for students and other local people, getting access to a VPN may become even more difficult.

I understand alot of these problems come from vBulletin and am unsure if those with access are able to or willing to help but I wanted to share my experience just in case this is fixable. I would upload a screenshot if I could but most icons have been replaced with little blue Mario question boxes and I can't navigate to do so ;p

Until I regain VPN access, browsing requires sheer will and I have to wait for half the page to time out. I can use browser extensions to alleviate that aspect, but if I wasn't waiting for the new Oasis jailbreak it probably wouldn't be worth it.

-pcr

Edit: It isn't as bad, parts of the page seem to eventually load so I am guessing that maybe it isn't all Google but maybe some lag from vBulletin servers which would be a separate issue.

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 01-08-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Visiting Hong Kong and it took me 48 hours to remember I can come here without censorship...so Hello MobileRead! I was so worried that someone would have been upset I abandoned the thread, so it is a relief there were no responses.

But to update, from my home in Beijing I continue to have problems accessing MR. And it sucks, because I really enjoy the community here :-(

I will get a VPN again eventually. Just want to wait until March to see what happens with the latest crackdown.

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 02-17-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote