Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 10-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
beiti
beiti is on a distinguished road

Device: several
Question for TrekStor Pyrus (2) owners

I recently bought a TrekStor Pyrus Mini and was disappointed how bad it showed some formatting details: It first seemed like it ignores all font size and text indent attributes. Later I discovered that the Pyrus Mini differentiates between EPUBs with and without embedded fonts: As soon as any font is embedded, all the formatting works out fine - irrespective of the font being actually used or not.
Finally I found a way to trick it: As long as any file with the extension 'ttf' is contained within the EPUB, the Pyrus Mini suddenly respects all sorts of formatting. So I just renamed an empty text file and put it into the 'Content' folder - and it works.

Neither my Kindle or Tolino readers nor any reading app I tried show a strange behaviour like this, but I couldn't test on other TrekStor readers so far. So I would like to ask especially Pyrus or Pyrus 2 owners to test it on their devices.

I created a test file in two versions (HERE for download as ZIP file). The versions are identical except for the "fakefont.ttf" file contained in the modified version.

On my Pyrus Mini (latest firmware), the only attributes shown in the original version are bold and italic text; all text indents and font sizes are being ignored.
In the modified version, all formattings work out fine.
beiti is offline   Reply With Quote