Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #106
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
All the aftermarket covers I have seen so far cover the whole back and retain the bulge shape to grip. The official covers only go over the thin part and are pretty much flush. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the bulge?
even with the amazon removable cover, the oasis was designed to be read with the cover off for ergonomics/balance. so when aftermarket covers are used (those covers that are not meant to be removed while reading), the bulge is designed to retain the same balance when you hold it with one hand.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #107
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
even with the amazon removable cover, the oasis was designed to be read with the cover off for ergonomics/balance.
I suspect that you're right in saying that Amazon designed the covers with the expectation that they would be removed to read, but I read with the leather cover on, folded back, and find it comfortable to hold that way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #108
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect that you're right in saying that Amazon designed the covers with the expectation that they would be removed to read, but I read with the leather cover on, folded back, and find it comfortable to hold that way.
I wish I could find it comfortable. I keep trying, and it's just not working for me. With the cover folded back completely, it feels really heavy to me. If I don't fold the cover back all the way, it feels lighter, but the metal part (the bulge) is truly uncomfortable to hold. It's cold and slippery, and just doesn't feel right. I'm really looking forward to the 3rd party covers that I ordered. The first one should be here tomorrow https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and the second one sometime next week https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had covers from both of these companies before, and I like the Fintie the best--I only ordered the Moko one because it was available first. I also ordered one from ebay, but have no idea when that one will arrive--it's coming from China, the tracking info is...lacking, to say the least.

I'll try to remember to report back here when I get them. Hopefully they make it more comfortable to hold. I truly love everything else about this Oasis.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #109
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
@Shalim - My $6 chinese folio cover ordered on ebay came yesterday, took 7 days. It seems fine but I cannot test it because the day before I returned the Oasis. Looks exactly like the one from Moto.

One thing I noticed on both is the lack of a tiny indentation on the right edge to open the case. Both my PW2 and Voyage ACcase had one. Made it easy to open with just a nail.

My Oasis leather cover was defective, but the problem with the Oasis was my short hands.
I may try the 3g, maybe the antenna edge would help with a griP.

Hopefully one of your new covers will help you.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #110
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I wish I could find it comfortable. I keep trying, and it's just not working for me.
Shari
before i'm able to get the case i want, this is my solution.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...291632&page=36
post #529
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #111
Shinytop
Connoisseur
Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The antenna edge is no help in holding it. It feels just as smooth. As a matter of fact it feels seamless as if it were just colored aluminum.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:20 AM   #112
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
After chatting with Amazon.de about when they expect the covers to be back (one can hope, right ... the answer was the digital version of a shrug) I caved in and ordered a Fintie cover.
Should be coming next week.
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #113
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
By any chance do you know how the leather cover holds up quality and protective wise compared to the official Paperwhite cover? Does the Oasis with cover still weigh less than a PW with cover? Are they similiar to hold?

I might as well take advantage of the lower price due to the recall.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #114
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
The antenna edge is no help in holding it. It feels just as smooth. As a matter of fact it feels seamless as if it were just colored aluminum.
Thank you, I almost ordered a 3g yesterday. So, I guess I shall just wait and keep using my Voyage.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #115
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Thank you, I almost ordered a 3g yesterday. So, I guess I shall just wait and keep using my Voyage.
I think the best bet is adding a strip of some type of thick textured tape as some users have done and posted photos of. As I recall the results looked pretty good.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #116
Ocicat
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
I think the best bet is adding a strip of some type of thick textured tape as some users have done and posted photos of. As I recall the results looked pretty good.
Indeed, the pictures with the Talon tape were impressive.

I have 2 rolls of Talon tape here, but it's the abrasive type, not suitable.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #117
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Here's my generic eBay cover. It's called Vintage Tower. With the Oasis inside it weighs 306gms. I'm waiting for a Fintie cover to be in stock, and on Prime. With Amazon it's just easier to order with Prime Delivery than without.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6777.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	885.3 KB
ID:	160075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6779.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	160076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6778.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	606.7 KB
ID:	160077  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #118
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to the 3rd party covers that I ordered. The first one should be here tomorrow [

I've had covers from both of these companies before, and I like the Fintie the best--I only ordered the Moko one because it was available first. I also ordered one from ebay, but have no idea when that one will arrive--it's coming from China, the tracking info is...lacking, to say the least.

I'll try to remember to report back here when I get them. Hopefully they make it more comfortable to hold. I truly love everything else about this Oasis.

Shari
I'd be really interested in what you think of Fintie vs Moko. I like both makes but I find Fintie a bit lighter and thinner. Unfortunately the cover I adore the most, Purple Flower' is Moko only and it has a taupe inner and I prefer a dark inner.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #119
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'd be really interested in what you think of Fintie vs Moko. I like both makes but I find Fintie a bit lighter and thinner. Unfortunately the cover I adore the most, Purple Flower' is Moko only and it has a taupe inner and I prefer a dark inner.
Both the Fintie and the Moko just arrived. Like you, I usually find the Fintie both lighter and thinner, but with these cases, it seems to be switched. The Fintie is 133 grams, vs the 119 of the Moko (and 117 for the official waterproof). The Fintie also has kind of a padded front, which is quite comfortable...although I haven't read very much with it yet. I'm going to try the Fintie first tonight, although just from the couple of pages I've done so far, it definitely seems more comfortable than the official waterproof cover. Whether it's more comfortable than the Moko, we'll have to see.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #120
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Both the Fintie and the Moko just arrived. Like you, I usually find the Fintie both lighter and thinner, but with these cases, it seems to be switched. The Fintie is 133 grams, vs the 119 of the Moko (and 117 for the official waterproof). The Fintie also has kind of a padded front, which is quite comfortable...although I haven't read very much with it yet. I'm going to try the Fintie first tonight, although just from the couple of pages I've done so far, it definitely seems more comfortable than the official waterproof cover. Whether it's more comfortable than the Moko, we'll have to see.

Shari
. I might end up getting both then

Tags
but are showing as used