Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-30-2018, 09:58 AM   #46
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Time has nothing to do with it. We set a personal goal of full epub3 support (as well as structural file/folder independence) as the determining factor for the 1.0 release.

OOOHHHH! So this next release will have full epub 3 support!! YAY!!!!

Sorry....I just like starting rumors and seeing how far they make it....

BTW, what do you mean by structural file/folder independence?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:24 AM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Sorry....I just like starting rumors and seeing how far they make it....
Trouble-maker.

Quote:
BTW, what do you mean by structural file/folder independence?
The ability for users to create/maintain their own file structure/hierarchy within the epub archive, rather than Sigil forcing its own rigid file structure as it currently does.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #48
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Ahh, ok. Personally I've only had a couple times where that was an issue...like books with multiple pictures per chapter. It would have been nice to organize those by folder, but not essential. I have seen a few complaint threads on the topic though...

Is that something actively being worked, or just a goalpost for version 1.0?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Ahh, ok. Personally I've only had a couple times where that was an issue...like books with multiple pictures per chapter. It would have been nice to organize those by folder, but not essential. I have seen a few complaint threads on the topic though...
It doesn't really affect me, either way. But there are valid cases for it.

Quote:
Is that something actively being worked, or just a goalpost for version 1.0?
No. It's not being worked on yet (that I know of). And it may even be something beyond version 1.0. Full Epub3 support is the "real" goalpost for 1.0.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote