Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #1
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
New top of the line Kindle on its' way next week

Jeff Bezos just tweeted @amazonkindle "Heads up readers -- all new, top of the line Kindle almost ready. 8th generation. Details next week"

And so it begins...
Old 04-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
ll Legion ll
ll Legion ll began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
If Amazon releases a new Kindle that uses Liquavista screens that work as well as the demos I've seen, they won't be able to take my money fast enough; and I don't even care about the color capability, the refresh rate alone makes it worthwhile to me.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #3
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser
ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Keyboard
I'd be happy with some tweaking of the direction they started going with the Voyage. Maybe fix some display issues, add real physical page-turn buttons this time, waterproof it maybe? And keep the price reasonable!

I'm not holding out for anything crazy on top of that, but any other features like Liquavista, color display, larger screen, sd slot, speakers, etc. would all be a nice surprise. Guess we'll find out soon!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo View Post
I'd be happy with some tweaking of the direction they started going with the Voyage. Maybe fix some display issues, add real physical page-turn buttons this time, waterproof it maybe? And keep the price reasonable!
I far, far prefer the haptic sensors to physical buttons. It's much more difficult to press them accidentally and they work really well. I personally hope that the haptic sensors stay! Have you used them? I notice that your profile says you have a PW2, not a Voyage.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I far, far prefer the haptic sensors to physical buttons. It's much more difficult to press them accidentally and they work really well. I personally hope that the haptic sensors stay! Have you used them? I notice that your profile says you have a PW2, not a Voyage.
I love my voyage and I believe it was money well spent.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I love my voyage and I believe it was money well spent.
I love mine too but I also like new gadgets. This liquavista thing sounds interesting though. Am eager to see what the new kindle is all about.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'll be surprised if this has a Liquavista screen. If it does, I'll have to have one, at least to try out. [But Nate's scoop has adjusted my Bayesian estimate to p > .5, so I'm definitely interested in what will be announced]

I have low interest in another e-ink device. I don't find they have improved that much, apart from having better refresh properties. Nice for outdoor reading, but I don't do much of that.

Last edited by tomsem; 04-04-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #8
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Has Liquavista even been active in the last 5 years or so? I've just tried serching for a recent video of this tech with none to be found.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
Has Liquavista even been active in the last 5 years or so? I've just tried serching for a recent video of this tech with none to be found.
Amazon bought the company 3 years ago, and at one point they were filing a lot of patents on the tech. Also, a few months back Amason made a lot of PR videos about their tech subs, including one for Liquavista.

So yes, Amazon is still interested.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:29 PM   #10
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
I hope it is 6.8 inch and font size is more flexible like Kobo
Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #11
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
If this is a new Voyage or an entirely new model or any form of new lighted Kindle with serious improvements I'll want one. I don't know if I want a color screen though. Maybe. I read novels nearly all the time and that won't do much for me.

If it does turn out to be a larger Kindle or a Kindle with speakers or some such I'll be a lot less interested. I think the Kindles are pretty close to just what I want already.

The feature I'd love, but don't expect to see, is an interface that lets me scroll like I do with Moon+.

Barry
Old 04-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #12
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser
ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I owned one for a week and couldn't justify the extra cost over my PW2 and money was tight. I didn't dislike the haptic feedback. Actually thought it was cool. But it was hard for me to "feel" my way to them in the dark. I'm just so used to the buttons on my old Kindle Keyboard. A raised nub on top of the haptic sensor would be perfect.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #13
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I'm hoping for a warmer colour temperature to the "backlight". With a Kindle Fire being available that has this along with f.lux (Android/Windows/Mac) and Night Shift (iOS), I would be quite surprised if this new Kindle didn't have a 2700K colour temperature or so. Especially considering that it's a device widely used for reading before bed.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:22 AM   #14
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah like something in an reader around the size of a iPad Mini 8" or so
Old 04-05-2016, 01:26 PM   #15
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
It will be interesting to see what the new device is all about.
Closed Thread