Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
kalivoodoo
kalivoodoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Make: HOW TO - Make PDFs for the Sony Reader (Ebook e-ink device)

Has anyone tried this out yet?

HOW TO - Make PDFs for the Sony Reader (Ebook e-ink device) from the MAKE blog.

I'm curious to see if this is new news or perhaps old news.

Thanks!
kalivoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Make was the first place I found decent articles regarding the Reader (actually Librie) before purchasing my Reader and locating this excellent forum. I think the article is a revamp of what was posted here earlier, maybe a forum member wrote the article for them? Good catch! It'd be nice if Make actually published itself in this format so I can take it on the road before the actual issue arrives (not too mention archived issues!).

JakeLuck, what's your post mean? Did your keys get stuck? lol
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think you guys should this thread
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
I think you guys should this thread
Lol! Yep, that's the article I was referring too (though I still wonder if someone here posted the article with Make?). Guess I'll stop posting to this thread since it's now deadbeef. Have a good day all, it's now nightime for me!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
MAKe had an interesting article about how you can create a podcast that -- instead of music -- will contain PDF files.
They're using it to distribute their magazine.
iTunes is able to pick up the PDF from the newsfeed. (hmm... is Apple preparing for something?)
I've given it a try and it works great.
You need a blogging software that lets you upload files ang generates a newsfeed for it. I've been using YACS (YetAnotherCommunitySystem) and it works fine.
This would let people create their on magazines in PDF, post them on a website and create a podcast newsfeed for it.
Then readers would subscribe to the feed via iTunes (and maybe later with Connect Reader, when SONY wakes up) and there you go!
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic
iTunes is able to pick up the PDF from the newsfeed. (hmm... is Apple preparing for something?)
A podcast is nothing more than an RSS feed which has an enclosure (file) specified in the feed. For a podcast that enclosure is usually an .MP#, .AAC or other audio file. However, the enclosure can be any file type, it can be a MPEG (movie) or as you found a PDF. RSS is started being used for alot more than delivering text, stuff like MAPs, Traffic reports, pictures, etc.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote