Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Ponderstibbons
Ponderstibbons began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
User Interface settings

I just got the Calibre software and think it's great - just converted a pdf file to epub and can now read it on my iriver story - no probs.

(The pdf file was readable as long as I had a magnifying glass handy).

But in amongst doing this I knocked off the "File Format" tag, so now I can't sort my books by format (I just want to see the epubs).

Also I can't work out how to add a column to the library list (for "file format").

I've looked at as much info as I can but just can't find how to do it, and I know it's going to be the simplest thing, once it's pointed out.

So, please, if there's anybody out there, could you give me a step by step on how to add these things.

Thanks

btw (here's where the adhd kicks in) - why are there no aspirins in the jungle?

Because the parrots eat 'em all!!
Ponderstibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderstibbons View Post
But in amongst doing this I knocked off the "File Format" tag, so now I can't sort my books by format (I just want to see the epubs).
Do you mean the 'format' icon disappeared from the tag browser, where tags, series, author, etc are? If so, right-click on any item in the tag browser, choose 'show category', and select formats.

You can also directly search for epubs by typing
format:epub
into the search box. If this is something you will do frequently, then you might want to save it as a search, so it appears in the list of saved searches on the right-hand side.
Quote:
Also I can't work out how to add a column to the library list (for "file format").
You can't. Explains why you can't find it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert