Flash the kernel:
-- Kernel flashed OK --
Flash initrd
Integrity check on initrd:ok.
Flash the initrd:
-- Initrd flashed OK --
-- Format OK --
Here's what happened to me:
I tried to insert an SD card with approx. 50 pdf's (300MB) into my iLiad, it started blinking for 30mins. without responding to any key press. Thus I resetted the device and tried to reboot. Since then the iLiad shows the boot screen and the progress bar fills up to 100% but seems to hang then. Nothing more happens. I already tried to do a standard reflash and finally a "format" reflash, with the above result.

tx for any help!

Erich
oakinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Have you tried removing the SD card?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
oakinger
oakinger began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Have you tried removing the SD card?
sure. I tried it w/ and w/o SD card.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Code:
Flash application filesystem
Integrity check on app.image.gz:
failed
Filesystem not programmed
This means in human understandable language: something is wrong with your file app.image.gz.
The md5 checksum of your file differs with the must-have value of the original file.
So some bytes of your file aren't correct, therefore the flash program can't use the file for reflashing.

Just my 2 cents: something got wrong during download of cf-card-contents.zip.
Please redownload cf-card-contents.zip & replace app.image.gz on CF card.
Then it should work.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
oakinger

Hi,

thanks for the hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Code:
Flash application filesystem
Integrity check on app.image.gz:
failed
Filesystem not programmed
Please redownload cf-card-contents.zip & replace app.image.gz on CF card.
Just did, but with no effect. Obviously the file is still corrupted :-(

Any ideas where to get an uncorrupted copy of cf-contents? Or how to calculated checksum myself to test if the downloaded checksum maybe is wrong?

tia,
Erich
Advert
Old 08-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
oakinger

Hi,

I just verified the checksum using this MD5 calculator tool. The checksum is ok. I still get the same log output when trying to reflash.

Btw: iRex support helpfully suggested to reset the device...

plz help - I'm falling into deep despair since I really love the iLiad and don't want to return it ;-)

Erich
Old 08-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Hi,
these are bad news.

I don't know what's going wrong there. You said your md5 checking program messages the file on CF card is ok; but it isn't working. Very odd.

Have you tried to format (FAT or FAT32) your CF card and copy only the "images" directory (with .gz & md5 files) and config.txt to it?
You haven't that much options to get ouf your trap.
Maybe the diagnostic message in log file is wrong?
Do you have "submit a ticket"? What does iRex say to content of logfile.txt?

"Booting from CF" is described in the official iRex file "Reflash from CF howto". It's more a draft than a noob's guide in the booting section. This could be a temporary solution.
Booting from CF is uncharted water for me. You should find somebody here who has done this already.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Do you have "app.image.gz.md5" in the directory with the images? Does it match the md5 of your app.image.gz?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #9
oakinger

Hi,

Quote:
Have you tried to format (FAT or FAT32) your CF card and copy only the "images" directory (with .gz & md5 files) and config.txt to it?
Yes, several times. I even copied the files in different order to maybe overcome some defect bits on the CF (was just an idea). I downloaded cf-card-contents.zip, unpacked and copied it over to the CF. I also tried to remove the app.image.gz + app.image.gz.md5 files which resulted in a log entry saying "app.image.gz not found". So this means the files are found, but for some odd reason the md5 sig validation fails - although I double-checked the checksum and tried to boot using the recalculated checksum copied into app.image.gz.md5.

I followed the iRex as well as Adam's "reflash HowTo", but all attempts with the same result. Does anybody have another app.image.gz than the one I can download from myirex for me?

Quote:
Do you have "submit a ticket"? What does iRex say to content of logfile.txt?
Yes:

Quote:
Dear Erich,

did you already tried to reset the device. You will find the reset button on the backside of the device.

Please try to reset the device and switch it on after resetting. If the problem still occures don´t hesitate to contact us again.
You might image how happy I was with this helpful response...

Thanks for your helpful hints, I really appreciate your help!

cheers,
Erich

Last edited by oakinger; 08-12-2008 at 03:44 AM. Reason: changed md4 -> md5 of course
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Are you doing the md5sum on the file after it's on the CF card?

The app.image.gz that iRex provides should work without a problem (especially if the md5's match). I suspect there's an error with the card. Maybe a bad sector or something? Have you tried running a scandisk (full scan) on it?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:19 AM   #11
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Hi oakinger ,
I wanted to send you a PM. but you have "chosen not to receive private messages" in your profile settings.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:07 AM   #12
oakinger

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Are you doing the md5sum on the file after it's on the CF card?

The app.image.gz that iRex provides should work without a problem (especially if the md5's match). I suspect there's an error with the card. Maybe a bad sector or something? Have you tried running a scandisk (full scan) on it?
yes I did all this without success. I even tried different cards.

-Erich
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 AM   #13
oakinger

Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for your help. Unfortunately I wasn't able to solve this issue before leaving for vacation, so I had to send back the iLiad to get my money back. Btw: I didn't receive any more help from iRex support... - I'm pretty disappointed :-(

cheers,
Erich