Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
ereaderSam
Connoisseur
ereaderSam doesn't litterereaderSam doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Best Free Kindle ebooks to own.

What are the Best Free Kindle ebooks to own?
ereaderSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
That's pretty hard to answer as asked. Freebie availability changes daily. It's pointless to recommend something without knowing what kind of books you're interested in (classics, genre, literary, non-fiction, etc.).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
ereaderSam
Connoisseur
ereaderSam doesn't litterereaderSam doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I am more interested in what books others have found not to live without. Any genre, but I can understand if the question paints to broad a brush I was just hoping to get some personal feedback without having to long of a list.

Last edited by ereaderSam; 06-06-2014 at 11:17 PM.
ereaderSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderSam View Post
Just about anything here at MR fits into that category. Certainly the collection of classic books by authors whose work is in the public domain and is available here is very good quality.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderSam View Post

Anything that you personally enjoy would be something worth owning.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Classics!! They're still being read for a reason. Newer books often leave me disappointed but the classics always seem to leave me wishing the story hadn't ended yet.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #7
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Classics for sure. Dickens, Tolstoy, Dumas, Hugo, Stephenson, Verne... the list goes on.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
If you read the classics, get your copies from the MobileRead library instead of from Project Gutenberg. These are typically exquisitely formatted.

Several freebies that I've picked up from Amazon have led me to read further into the author's series. And, you may want to take a look at the really cheap (but not necessarily free) books which are the first in a series in your favorite genres. I tend to like mysteries (particularly cozies), science fiction, and fantasy. So I occasionally search for free/cheap books in those genres. I also follow the threads in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If they sound interesting and are free, what can you lose. A few minutes of your time to see if they are enjoyable.

I don't particularly want to own ebooks. I get my 'free' ebooks from the library and read them. I can always borrow them again if I ever want to.

When I buy a book I keep it, but I often wonder why.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Although I didn't first encounter it as an ebook, my joint favourite book is available in the MR library: Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby. It's one of those books which leaves you feeling bereft when it ends, you just want to stay inside the novel.

There is a wonderful illustrated version available here. I've just redownloaded it for my kindle PW2.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote