Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Push to Kindle app on sale for $0.99 (Android)

There are many ways to get content onto the Amazon Kindle, but if you also happen to wield an Android device, the Push to Kindle app offers one of the most elegant ways to do so. Once installed, it hooks into the Android's share menu, making sending articles to the Kindle quite easy.

Available at Google Play, at 50 percent off the regular price (till end of September).

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 08-31-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Have you actually used this? I'm curious what it offers over the functionality built into the Kindle for Android app... It also adds an option to some sharing menus for Amazon Kindle (although now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it). Perhaps this shows up in more places?
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'd assume it adds nothing to the Kindle reading app.

It adds "send to kindle" to any webpage or other app that supports "sharing". So, if you find an article or short story to read, you can send it to your kindle app and read it there (on any device).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I'd assume it adds nothing to the Kindle reading app.

It adds "send to kindle" to any webpage or other app that supports "sharing". So, if you find an article or short story to read, you can send it to your kindle app and read it there (on any device).
I understand that, but the Kindle for Android app adds something similar. I've seen "Amazon Kindle" as one of the sharing options, although I brought up the share from Chrome and several other apps and can't seem to locate it now. It must be very limited in what it will send to the Kindle.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
hwlester
Wizard

OK, I found it and apparently it is very limited.

Here's the link from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/android

I've also attached a screenshot from pressing Share in ES Explorer although I never do that and I know I've seen it in other locations. I guess this app is more flexible than the Send to Kindle built in to the Kindle for Android app.

Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks for the pic. I guess I've never tried share in a place where the Kindle app would apply.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Thanks for the pic. I guess I've never tried share in a place where the Kindle app would apply.
Yeah, seems like sharing a webpage would make sense to show the Kindle option and that appears to be what Push to Kindle does since the one from Amazon is limited.