Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
So are Kobo Japanese owners pissed?

I don't know any so I can't say but if I had just bought myself a brand new Kobo Touch after the Japanese introduction and then the company goes and announce a brand new model barely more than one month later I would certainly be pissed. I wonder what Japanese Kobo owners are thinking.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
My understanding is that there have been lots of returns. I haven't been over, but from anecdotal evidence it seems a lot of people got very upset. It began when they realized that Kobo only offered some 6 000 titles in Japanese, it seems to be going down from there.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Woops
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I guess it's just keeping with Kobo's philosophy of considering their customers as their beta testers.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
When I saw the title I thought Japanese Kobo users had been drinking
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Technically closer to 2 months (Jul 19). Cry me a river.

Edit: To elaborate, the Touch itself is 1.3 years old, in an industry typified by annual refreshes. With B&N's release, and Amazon's widely-expected release, Kobo was coming due for its own refresh.

Even then, the Touch is still holding a spot in their new product lineup between the Glo and Mini (price- and feature-wise), and continues getting firmware updates. Should still have resale value if you really want the glowlight+XGA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
My understanding is that there have been lots of returns. I haven't been over, but from anecdotal evidence it seems a lot of people got very upset. It began when they realized that Kobo only offered some 6 000 titles in Japanese, it seems to be going down from there.
Note that this trend predates the hardware announcement.

Last edited by MechR; 09-07-2012 at 03:29 PM.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Low number of ebooks for sale in japan is because publishers resistance to releasing eboooks. How many ebooks does Sony who has been selling ereaders for years in japan have available in Japan?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote