Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #31
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
I don't know... I'll have to dig a bit more...

I bet for 'tt0003m_.ttf' as menu font, and the font collection 'SWNMTeb.ttc' as the dictionary fonts
How can you tell? You have some method to check?

Quote:
About the way to write the modified cramfs, I'll boot in 'recovery mode' and then:
Code:
dd if=/cache/mynewfonts.img of=/dev/mmcblk2p5
The code I've used to extract was
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk2p5 of=/mnt/sdcard/mmcblk2p5_fonts.img
I think
Code:
block
should be after
Code:
dev
am I right? because first time I used
Code:
dev
without
Code:
block
and it didn't work. By cache you mean directory in PRS T1 where I'll put modified mmcblk2p5?
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #32
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
giosa,

first of all, reread my message because I've corrected it in the time between you've read it and you've written your reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
How can you tell? You have some method to check?
Are you kidding me? I have two eyes to see them...

Typeface is almost always unique. For instance, the number three is 'very special' in that font.

You can compare character by character by opening the font file with your computer at the same time that you are using the menu of the reader...

Quote:
The code I've used to extract was "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk2p5 of=/mnt/sdcard/mmcblk2p5_fonts.img"
I think "block" should be after "dev" am I right?
No... you are almost right... but I'm speaking about 'recovery mode'.

Devices are not the same as in 'normal mode'.

Quote:
By cache you mean directory in PRS T1 where I'll put modified mmcblk2p5?
Yes, but I've corrected this in my original message, just to clarify...
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
About the way to write the modified cramfs, I'd boot in 'recovery mode', then I'd mount the sdcard filesystem to /mnt/sdcard or /tmp/sdcard, and then:

Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/mynewfonts.img of=/dev/mmcblk2p5
OK, have fonts image ready to writhe. Now I want to make sure above write code is correct so that I don't break my reader.

When I used this code dd
Code:
if=/dev/block/mmcblk2p5 of=/mnt/sdcard/mmcblk2p5_fonts.img
to copy mmcblk2p5 I was in recovery mode
Old 02-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #34
giosa
Connoisseur

@j0534ng31

I've made it work with your help! Thank you. Your, Simon's and Boroda's great support made it possible. Shortly I'll write a guide how I've done it.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #35
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Congratulations! I'm impatient to wait to your guide, giosa!
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #36
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I did exactly what the guide said but my PC did not recognize the Reader Android ADB driver (as shown in the attached file). can you guys help me please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reader android adb driver not found.png
Views:	330
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	82424  
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #37
giosa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I did exactly what the guide said but my PC did not recognize the Reader Android ADB driver (as shown in the attached file). can you guys help me please?
What you need ADB for?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #38
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
Follow the Boroda guide or the wiki page about installing adb...

You have to edit some files and so, the driver gets recognized...

If you are using a 64 bit system, you may also need to edit the 64 bit section of the inf file.

Finally, to use the adb connection (because of a bug), in the T1 you have to disable 'USB debug' and inmediately re-enable it again (or, more simply, it also works if you reboot the T1)

Last edited by j0534ng31; 02-11-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #39
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Quote:
You can also try to create a shell script as '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' and add the bind command into it (instead of using GScript.apk).

This script should be automatically executed at boot time.
Hi j0534ng31, I created a file wich named "install-recovery.sh" in /system/etc/, and added the command as below
#! /system/bin/sh
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/ /ebook/fonts/

but after reboot, bind was failed.
Did I wrote the correct command?
Can you help me?
Thanks!
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #40
j0534ng31
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
Hi j0534ng31, I created a file wich named "install-recovery.sh" in /system/etc/, and added the command as below
#! /system/bin/sh
mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/ /ebook/fonts/

but after reboot, bind was failed.
Did I wrote the correct command?
Can you help me?
Thanks!
it should be 'mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts /ebook/fonts'
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #41
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
it should be 'mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts /ebook/fonts'
I changed the command as your advice, still failed.
Then I tried to add a test command mkdir /sdcard/testfolder, after reboot, the directory /sdcard/testfolder had not been created yet.

Could you please upload your install-recovery.sh for me?
Or just mail the file to xuyn2003@msn.com, thank you!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #42
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Just a stupid question: has install-recovery.sh been given execute permissions? To be checked via root explorer...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #43
xuyn2003
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Just a stupid question: has install-recovery.sh been given execute permissions? To be checked via root explorer...
Thank you uboot, I have changed the permissions.
Now I just can't find where the problem is.

Can you test it on T1? if got success, please upload the file.

I think this way is more safety and simple than flashing a modifed cramfs image.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #44
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
the point is, that install_recovery.sh is run by the init process and certain commands or mount modules might not be available at this point.

you might try to replace mount with /system/bin/busybox mount
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #45
xuyn2003
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
the point is, that install_recovery.sh is run by the init process and certain commands or mount modules might not be available at this point.

you might try to replace mount with /system/bin/busybox mount
Finally I found that when "install-recovery.sh" is running, the sdcard had not been mounted yet. Because install-recovery.sh can mkdir in /data but can't mkdir in /mnt/sdcard,
then the question is, how to mount the sdcard in install-recovery.sh?

Thanks uboot.