Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Amazon's "A-Z Guaranty".....

Just spotted that UK Amazon's "A - Z Guaranty" excludes "digital merchandise"
- what does that cover exactly, anyone know ? Discs, sticks, mp3's, or stuff like downloads, ebooks ?

Or is this another tech description that has never quite permeated into my conciousness - which is sadly sub- on occasion...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Just spotted that UK Amazon's "A - Z Guaranty" excludes "digital merchandise"
- what does that cover exactly, anyone know ? Discs, sticks, mp3's, or stuff like downloads, ebooks ?
I would expect digital merchandise to be non-physical products, so mp3, videos, eBooks.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Digital merchandise on Amazon is anything you download. Ebooks, mp3's, videos, etc.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I would also take this to include codes for gift cards. For example, you can buy on Amazon a $20 credit for the Playstation network and have it delivered in the form of a code you enter in on your Playstation. I did that, because for a while after I moved, my debit card had an issue where despite me putting in a change of address with the bank, they some how applied it to only the checking account and not to the debit card attached to the checking account. For most sites, either through lack of verification, or they verified based on the account the card was attached to, I had no problem but on the PSN they were anal about the verification and saw it didn't match the address on file with Visa (it was a Visa backed debit card) and not the address on file with the bank and rejected it. Until the bank straightened it out I was unable to buy things directly and had to use the gift cards. When I found this all out, I was wanting to download a game to play with some friends that were visiting out of town, so I just jumped on Amazon and purchased a credit to use to get the game that way. Makes me feel good that if I had an issue, I'd have not had their warranty to fall on.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Looks like perhaps they secretly don't quite trust this digital thing ..........................

Surprising, considering the kindle thing etc.. !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
edit: Oh wait nvmd. misread.

anyhoo..

Quote:
Looks like perhaps they secretly don't quite trust this digital thing ..........................

Surprising, considering the kindle thing etc.. !
I think the reasoning behind not having the same guarantee for digital products as they do for physical ones is fairly obvious. Let's be real, here.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 09-10-2011 at 12:40 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote