Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #16
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I never realized people made such a big deal about Karma.
Neither did I. This thread has been quite eye opening. And hilarious.

I think I'll venture off the beaten path more often. I rarely scroll down unless I want to b*tch about something on the "vent and rant" thread.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:56 AM   #17
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I find the more outrageous I am, the more karma I get
Makes me wonder if I looked that good in a Santa suit, if I could get as much Karma as you .
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Morse View Post
Makes me wonder if I looked that good in a Santa suit, if I could get as much Karma as you .
I got most of it without the suit
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I've been using "Karma" as a "Thank You" for help, links & suggestions. People seem to appreciate it, as a few have sent me messages thanking me for doing so.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Same here.
1) thank yous to developers and helpers
2) for Great Ideas or Tips

For some posters, I wish there was a Negative Karma value
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #21
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I've been using "Karma" as a "Thank You" for help, links & suggestions. People seem to appreciate it, as a few have sent me messages thanking me for doing so.
That's what it is for....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I like giving karma to new members who seem pleasant and enthusiastic. I also give it when a response tickles me, seems particularly helpful, or clarifies an issue for me. I think it help build community.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #23
Newfie56
Newfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Okay, I'm really new to all this virtual karma stuff here... What is a single click worth, in karma points? How does one see from whence their karma came? (Dang, that sentence is awkward!)
Newfie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The amount of karma you can give depends on how much karma you already have. Click the Karma button on any post and a pop-up box will tell you how many Karma points you can add to a particular post (you can adjust it downwards, but not up).

As for whence your karma came, click the User CP panel and it'll show you who gave you karma, and for what post and if they made a comment to go along with it, although not how many points you got for it, except in total.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie56 View Post
Okay, I'm really new to all this virtual karma stuff here... What is a single click worth, in karma points? How does one see from whence their karma came? (Dang, that sentence is awkward!)
Click on my link below......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #26
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I think this forum is fantastic and one of the best forums i visit, however i do think the one thing that spoils it is the use of karma, when i first joined i went to my CP looking for the option not to have karma displayed but the forum doesn't offer this option, which is unfortunate because that way those that don't like it are not forced to have it.

Why not just have a Thanks button??? It gives us the opportunity to thank others for usefull posts without becoming a popularity contest.
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #27
Newfie56
Newfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with othersNewfie56 plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Click on my link below......
Thanks! This exactly what I was looking for!
Newfie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #28
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
I think this forum is fantastic and one of the best forums i visit, however i do think the one thing that spoils it is the use of karma, when i first joined i went to my CP looking for the option not to have karma displayed but the forum doesn't offer this option, which is unfortunate because that way those that don't like it are not forced to have it.

Why not just have a Thanks button??? It gives us the opportunity to thank others for usefull posts without becoming a popularity contest.
because we likes it that way!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #29
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
I'm not sure I understand the problem? For all intents and purposes it is "just" a Thank You" button - Thank you for your help, thank you for the link, thank you for understanding what I'm saying, thank you for the suggestion, thank you for commenting...etc.

What exactly is it that you don't like?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
because we likes it that way!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote