Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I appreciate your spending the time to look at it.

Is there a way to get cleaner HTML other than having to go through the HTML code manually?
I use notepad++ and its html tidy plugin. Try it might help.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I use notepad++ and its html tidy plugin. Try it might help.
Is that the TextFX plugin?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #18
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I just pushed a "b" version of 0.2.0 for Mac an Linux. On Mac, it should fix some crashes on Leopard caused by linking to the Snow Leopard SDK, and on Linux it includes libphonon, which prevent some people who didn't have it from starting Sigil.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #19
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I just pushed a "b" version of 0.2.0 for Mac an Linux. On Mac, it should fix some crashes on Leopard caused by linking to the Snow Leopard SDK, and on Linux it includes libphonon, which prevent some people who didn't have it from starting Sigil.
Completely off topic, but why should Sigil use Phonon? isn't that Qt multimedia module...
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #20
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Completely off topic, but why should Sigil use Phonon? isn't that Qt multimedia module...
Sigil uses QtWebKit, and it depends on phonon for HTML5 functionality. Not that that functionality is used in Sigil, but still, it's a dependency.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Sigil uses QtWebKit, and it depends on phonon for HTML5 functionality. Not that that functionality is used in Sigil, but still, it's a dependency.
Oh, Didn't know that. Thanks.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just installed 0.2.0 (thanks), now when I open an ePub from Calibre to tweak it I get each section as a separate "page". Is there a setting I can use to get one long file like the previous versions had?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #23
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just installed 0.2.0 (thanks), now when I open an ePub from Calibre to tweak it I get each section as a separate "page". Is there a setting I can use to get one long file like the previous versions had?
No. That "large single flow" idea was unworkable.

The manual offers more information.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info. Wish it still worked the other way, kinda like Book Designer or a word processor, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Wish it still worked the other way, kinda like Book Designer or a word processor, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Even though you only see one html page at a time I like the fact that you can search and replace code in all html files at one time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Even though you only see one html page at a time I like the fact that you can search and replace code in all html files at one time.
Yes, that is good. It kind of reminds me of editing multiple HTML pages with Notepad ++
Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #27
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
If you use BookDesigner, you might try a little utility I uploaded recently (see my signature). When you import the resulting html file into Sigil, you can do all your editing in one large file. When you are done, you can split the file in multiple chapters with F6.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
Quote:
No. That "large single flow" idea was unworkable.

The manual offers more information.
I can appreciate that. One thing that I miss about that paradigm is the ability to change my mind about where I put a chapter break. With an SGF file, you could delete the double red lines and that was it, but now that we have a separate file for each chapter, it looks like the only way to fix a "missed" mouse click is to cut and paste the contents of the new page back over to the old page.

Are those new files created instantly, or might it be possible to have an "undo" of the chapter break command, even if only for a limited time?

Edit: OK, never mind. It turns out I was running with beta3 -- the release version looks like it may have solved my problem for me.

Last edited by unkilbeeg; 05-27-2010 at 05:33 PM.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #29
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkilbeeg View Post
Are those new files created instantly, or might it be possible to have an "undo" of the chapter break command, even if only for a limited time?
The next version will bring a way of "merging" two chapters back into one.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #30
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
Quote:
The next version will bring a way of "merging" two chapters back into one.
Cool. In the mean time, it looks like the release version allows you to insert SGF chapter break markers, which should allow me to work around that limitation, as long as I remember what I'm doing.

Great work!
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote