Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Fictionwise: Anniversary Sale -- 40% Storewide Rebates

To celebrate the last 10 years, all eBooks at Fictionwise.com include a 40% Micropay Rebate when you purchase with your credit card or PayPal.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I hate these offers since it helps you accrue more Micropay without spending any that you currently have. Luckily I was able to make my Monday morning purchases when it was still 15% off and a 35% rebate no credit card needed. I spent $20 in Micropay and got nearly $10 of it back with the extra 5% for buying on Monday and another 5% for buying eReader format.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Interesting that they're do 40% micropay on Multiformat stuff too. It used to be that Multiformat titles got 40% off with "Secure" titles got the rebate.

At this point I'm not interested in acquiring more micropay unless there is something I intend to spend it on immediately. Just too many questions about the future of FW.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Interesting that they're do 40% micropay on Multiformat stuff too. It used to be that Multiformat titles got 40% off with "Secure" titles got the rebate.

At this point I'm not interested in acquiring more micropay unless there is something I intend to spend it on immediately. Just too many questions about the future of FW.

Totally agree. I'm down to my last $2 of micropay and don't intend to add to it unless I really feel a compelling need.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I have not yet figured out how to spend Micropay -- I have some cllected, and I might be willing to collect some more. But I also want to spend them!

I am quite interested in the "new" Rex Stout Murder Times Three. At FW, it's $12.75 outright with 40% rebate ... so I get to add $5.10 to my collection of micropay. Or, I can spend $11.99 for it from Amazon (this includes the $2 Whispernet tax). You can see the attraction to Fictionwise.

But how do I claim these dollars? To pay for something new?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I have not yet figured out how to spend Micropay -- I have some cllected, and I might be willing to collect some more. But I also want to spend them!

But how do I claim these dollars? To pay for something new?
After you place a book in your cart and proceed to the checkout process you'll see an option to pay by credit card, PayPal or Micropay.

You must have sufficient Mcropay in your account to pay for the item or items for that option to appear. (Make sure that the marker for Micropay is selected if that is your choice.)

Feel free to PM if you need additional help.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Ok ... maybe that's it. I've probably always had more stuff in my cart than micropay covers. There's some nice Rex Stout stuff coming to market this month that I might be prepared to earn credits with.

Many thanks!, bluesman7!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Quote:
Ok ... maybe that's it. I've probably always had more stuff in my cart than micropay covers. There's some nice Rex Stout stuff coming to market this month that I might be prepared to earn credits with.

Many thanks!, bluesman7!
My pleasure.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:

Many thanks!, bluesman7!
This is why I bought a gift certificate while they were 30% off. Looks like they will be adding 3-4 Rex Stout books a week for the near future and Fictionwise is by far the cheapest when you figure in all the discounts and rebates. You can see the titles coming for the next two weeks in advance at B&N.com. I wanted Stout on ebook for years with only a couple of titles available, but it looks like Random House will finally open the floodgates like they did with Agatha Christie a few years ago.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #10
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
I don't understand what's up with Fictionwise. There are three books I want to buy right now: The Heart of the Matter (chick lit), Fever Dream (Agent Prendergast mystery/thriller) and War (Sebastian Junger's non-fic about American troops in Afghanistan.) All of them are available from B&N; none of them are on FW. Didn't B&N buy Fictionwise? What's going on? I don't understand. And I'm really annoyed, because Fictionwise was my go-to store.
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJ View Post
I don't understand what's up with Fictionwise. There are three books I want to buy right now: The Heart of the Matter (chick lit), Fever Dream (Agent Prendergast mystery/thriller) and War (Sebastian Junger's non-fic about American troops in Afghanistan.) All of them are available from B&N; none of them are on FW. Didn't B&N buy Fictionwise? What's going on? I don't understand. And I'm really annoyed, because Fictionwise was my go-to store.
B&N gets it's books directly from the publishers. Fictionwise gets them through a distributor, Ingram Digital (Lightning Source) being a big one. Ingram has been working on getting an agreement for the Agency 5 titles which is why a lot of the 'independent' sellers don't have them (assuming the ones you want are Agency titles).

The good news is according to RobertB from Astak (EZRead.com) they should be getting the titles this week or next. I'm guessing that Astak gets their titles the same way FW, BoB, etc. do so hopefully that's good news for FW too. Although some speculate that FW won't get them at all (because they can't discount for members) and B&N will close them down at some point after memberships run out. Hard to know for sure. B&N has also closed down the FW Yahoo group which occasionally provided info.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Although some speculate that FW won't get them at all (because they can't discount for members) and B&N will close them down at some point after memberships run out. Hard to know for sure. B&N has also closed down the FW Yahoo group which occasionally provided info.
I don't foresee either B&N or FW seeing any new money from me anytime soon.
Not really pleased with how they've gone about their business nor (especially) the terse, unsympathetic replies I've received from their customer service to any polite inquiries sent their way.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Fictionwise will not get any money from me until they let me re-download the books I bought before which are being held back by Ingram.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I've always thought that Fictionwise's rebate program was a scam. To use your rebate, you have to purchase books that seemed to be priced about double what you can get them elsewhere.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I've always thought that Fictionwise's rebate program was a scam. To use your rebate, you have to purchase books that seemed to be priced about double what you can get them elsewhere.
You can make it work for you but it requires being both patient and selective. (Qualities I don't always have in abundance. )

To exacerbate matters the current offerings are both fewer and generally of less interest (to me) and so it makes walking away that much easier.

As always, everyone's individual mileage may vary.