Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #136
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Also on that same DANL newsletter which I find just as exciting.
We get to choose from 8 books in August instead of four!

Bonus Selections
Now only to decide which one.... Cowboy Crazy is on my buy list but so is I Own the Dawn
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #137
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Also on that same DANL newsletter which I find just as exciting.
We get to choose from 8 books in August instead of four!
So, um, I need to go back and read the email, 'cause I never saw that part ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #138
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I Own the Dawn looks fabulous....
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #139
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
A Gentleman Says "I Do" by Amelia Grey is available for $0.99 at Discover a New Love right now.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #140
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It does. I'm pretty sure it's a sequel to Night Is Mine which I bought when it came out.

Do we still get extra off on featured authors and selections or was that just a special in May?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #141
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Quote:
It does. I'm pretty sure it's a sequel to Night Is Mine which I bought when it came out.
You notice it says "early access"? I bought "The Night Is Mine" last month and put "I Own the Dawn" on my wishlist because it wasn't due out till I think the middle of August. Yay! It is a sequel of sorts in that it picks up after "The Night" but focuses on a different set of characters. The preview chapter in the back of "The Night" has me practically salivating to get my hands on this one.

Quote:
Do we still get extra off on featured authors and selections or was that just a special in May?
We should get the same discounted prices as last month on the other selections / featured authors. I'll buy at least one either way. Probably more than one. I really want to support what DANL is doing. And support my habit at the same time.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #142
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Traditionally, Sourcebooks has put its sale books in all participating stores, so you'll likely get pricedrops at Sourcebooks' own store (US-only), as well as Books on Board (reward bucks), Omnilit/All Romance (Buy 10 Get 1 Free) and the usual suspects.

However, they don't have the rights to Heyer in all regions, so it may be that you'll need to do some address/IP workarounds.

In any case a DANL membership is only $9.99 and will get you an extra 25% off the Heyer books if available in your region, so depending on how many you buy, it may be worth your while as you'll be getting them DRM-free in a multi-format bundle.
I may sign up for the DANL when i get a budget next month. (entertainment budget is iffy in august due to buying school clothes/fall supplies for the children) But it looks like an amazing deal, and from the looks of things it looks like a very decent e-book store. And getting the Heyer novels sounds amazing. I had never read her books before. I may have to get in line at the library for their print books.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #143
grega
grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozron View Post
Are the Georgette Heyer's likely to be on sale elsewhere? We're not a member of DaNL, and I'd like to pick up a few more for my wife. She prefers the audiobook versions which we've bought at Audible, but we need to replace many of her PB's which are falling apart from having been read so much...
The Georgette Heyer promotion will be run on Discover a New Love, as well as other bookseller websites (Amazon, Barnes and Nobel, etc.) The promotion will only apply to the ebook editions. I hope this answers your questions.

As was mentioned, unfortunately we only have the rights to sell Miss Heyer's novels in the US region.

Greg
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #144
grega
grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Yes, the same discount on the additional featured selections and backlist titles by the authors is still in effect.

Thanks,

Greg
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #145
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Maybe Baby by Lani Diane Rich (previously published by Warner Forever 2005)

Quote:
Dana Wiley is having a very, very bad day.

It starts when she realizes she never should have let her deep-seated fear of marriage cause her to leave the love of her life, Nick Maybe, at the altar. Then, she discovers that her old nemesis, Melanie Biggs, is after her winery. To save her business, she’s forced to go to Manhattan to ask her eccentric mother, Babs Wiley McGregor, for help. When she gets there, she discovers that Nick moonlights for Babs, doing odd favors for her rich friends. Now Dana can’t turn around without bumping into him.

Or kissing him. Old habits die hard.

Then Babs is kidnapped, and a rare, valuable, stinky and flightless green parrot is the ransom. Now Dana must work with Nick to find the bird and save her mother, dealing with bumbling kidnappers, a rapscallion bird thief, the buxom Melanie who's bent on taking more than the winery, and a strangely ominous wildlife conservation representative. All the while fighting her desperate love for the one man she knows she can’t ever have again…

… unless, just maybe, she can.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #146
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega View Post
Yes, the same discount on the additional featured selections and backlist titles by the authors is still in effect.

Thanks,

Greg
I just love all the extras with my membership!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #147
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

To Celebrate their win Carina Press has 35% off Boomerang Bride by Fiona Lowe which won a RITA award last Saturday. Ms. Lowe went through 12 print rejections before Carina Press picked her up. She is a Harlequin writer mostly writes for their Medical line so Boomerang Bride is her first big book.

All CP titles are epub but DRM free so you can convert to format of your choice.

I don't know about you but Saturday night my nose was glued to Twitter as the RITAs were given out. Hubby thought I was nuts. This is Carina Press first and being it's a digital publisher this is a huge Deal. Avon Impulse also won a RITA!

It's a new era baby!

Last edited by Blossom; 07-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #148
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
I don't know about you but Saturday night my nose was glued to Twitter as the RITAs were given out. Hubby thought I was nuts. This is Carina Press first and being it's a digital publisher this is a huge Deal. Avon Impulse also won a RITA!

It's a new era baby!
I was watching Twitter, too. I bought Boomerang Bride when it was first released. Even though I had some major issues with the book, I was glad that it won. Also that JD Robb's New York to Dallas won. I have some of the other winning books as well as nominated ones in my TBR pile.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #149
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I just love all the extras with my membership!
Jeez, and I forgot all about them!

If I find a book I want from Sourcebooks, I always check the DANL page. I want to support this experiment in DRM-free ebooks that are reasonably priced.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #150
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I was following #ritagh #rwa12 from Sarah @ SBTB over the weekend. She had a couple good podcasts, even interviewed a guide dog *snicker*.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote