Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Our local libraries are county funded and require an address within the county. When my card expires every 3 years so does my access to digital books. I've learned to set myself a reminder on my phone after being caught by surprise the first time - you'd think you'd get an automated reminder, but no!

However, the local library is currently issuing new cards and renewals by email. They are accepting scans of the necessary ID by email. I hope they will continue this even after the current situation is resolved.

The county normally allows non-residents to join for a fee - I don't know if this is allowed by email or not.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #17
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The local Library system has extended Due Dates (without fines) till June 30
My card does not have an expires: date
While my library card does not have an expiration date, it needs to be renewed every 2 years. Proof of address is what they want (MN). You just get flagged at checkout. My brother is marked as homebound. Don't know what will happen when he reaches his 2 year mark - probably a call to home number.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #18
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
technology adoption always sees a certain amount of laggards who are content enough with the old and can't be bothered to try the new until it's absolutely unavoidable and discover they like it
Ambiguous. It does not really work like that for all of the population nor for the one I would call relevant.
For what my kins are concerned: libraries logging who reads what = death of libraries.
(And I read on electronic displays since the nineties.)
The "laggards" you mention are only part of the resistant.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Ambiguous. It does not really work like that for all of the population nor for the one I would call relevant.
For what my kins are concerned: libraries logging who reads what = death of libraries.
(And I read on electronic displays since the nineties.)
The "laggards" you mention are only part of the resistant.
Libraries have logged your reading probably since before you were borrowing from them. And certainly for longer than ereaders or digital reading was a thing. So it’s a bit hilarious to me that anyone can claim logging your reads is the death of libraries
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Libraries have to keep track of what's borrowed so they know the sorts of things to buy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote