Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-17-2023, 11:20 AM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Nook app on Windows 10: Unavailable for Canada?

It didn't appear in the search. When I found the link and opened it directly, there's no "get" or "download" button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-17 12_19_08-Microsoft Store.png
Views:	136
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	200399

Works for others, so not a problem with store:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-17 12_20_28-Microsoft Store.png
Views:	117
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	200400

Is Nook app unavailable for Canada?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 11:37 AM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/hc/e...for-PC-and-Mac

Quote:
Unfortunately, we no longer support updates to NOOK for PC or NOOK for Mac, and recommend that you visit the NOOK Reading Apps page for more details regarding the NOOK Reading Apps that we currently offer.
Both of the available options are mobile-only. I can work with that, but screw you too.
Advert
Old 03-17-2023, 11:43 AM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Aha, I prove cleverer than that!

So there's methods to download apps outside the Microsoft Store (many thanks to MakeUseOf). It complains that the app has been discontinued outside the U.S. but still seems to work with the random freebie I just grabbed via website.
Old 03-17-2023, 10:39 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Aha, I prove cleverer than that!

So there's methods to download apps outside the Microsoft Store (many thanks to MakeUseOf). It complains that the app has been discontinued outside the U.S. but still seems to work with the random freebie I just grabbed via website.
There's always something. I read somewhere that, if you changed your region, via (I don't know what method) to the United States, you could download the app. This came from someone in England (I think). But I think you found the better solution.

You would think that, now that an English company owns B&N, they would reintroduce Nook books and devices into England (at least).

Makes me wonder, though, whether you'll be able to buy books in Canada, even though the app is installed.

Last edited by rcentros; 03-17-2023 at 10:43 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:00 AM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
You would think that, now that an English company owns B&N, they would reintroduce Nook books and devices into England (at least).
I've wondered about that too. A larger customer base might incentivize them to update their firmware.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert