Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-06-2023, 09:14 AM   #1
baked82
baked82 began at the beginning.

Device: android-moon+, GlowLight3,ipad
GlowLight3 What reader

So one of my friends upgraded to a different device and gave me his gl3 the other day. I didn't like having to connect it to my PC by usb to load books onto it all the time and every time I did it would mess with my last read history, So I got calibre companion loaded onto it and that is such a help just loading over the content server.

Now I am wondering what everyone is using for a reader on it. right now I have moon+ loaded onto mine. sometimes it don't like to update the screen and it looks odd and I have to quit and relaunch it to fix it.. So I am looking for something else
baked82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:25 PM   #2
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baked82 View Post
Now I am wondering what everyone is using for a reader on it. right now I have moon+ loaded onto mine. sometimes it don't like to update the screen and it looks odd and I have to quit and relaunch it to fix it.. So I am looking for something else
I don't own a GL3 but I've sometimes thought that if one of them landed in my lap, I'd install alternative firmware and the Koreader app.

I've been impressed with Koreader. It even runs flawlessly on the hobbled CM 11 ROM for the ancient NST. Just finished reading a book the other day and was very pleased with everything about the app. You might want to try it.
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2023, 03:17 AM   #3
baked82
baked82 began at the beginning.

Device: android-moon+, GlowLight3,ipad
Thanks, I got koreader sideloaded and it's working great. I think I will stick with it.
baked82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:00 AM   #4
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
I use and really like AlReaderX on my GL3. There is an eink version on a forum that the developer uses for testing. Unfortunately I cannot link to the site as it apparently has been known to host pirated content. The developer's name is Alan Neverland and the forum is a Russian forum.

The eink version has an option to set full screen refreshes every so often and also has a way to remap one of your buttons for paging forward.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote