Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 02-11-2023, 07:33 PM   #1
alper
alper began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin, offline Kindle
Export Marvin dump

Hi,

I think it's going to be time to get off Marvin. The problem is that my entire (anti-)library of the past so many years with all my highlights is in there.

Now I could burn it all and start over—all libraries are temporary libraries after all—but I was wondering if somebody figured out a way to read the dump format.

And even if it were possible to extract everything, what would be the best place to store the books and annotations? Calibre? Somewhere else?

- Alper
alper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 12:21 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I’ve always used Calibre as my e-library manager. I don’t think there’s anything out there to beat it.
The reader/app you choose should just be for the books you are currently working on.

I’ve never used annotations or notes other than for testing, so I can’t help you there. Sorry.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2023, 08:59 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Not sure if you've figured this out yet.

You can export annotations to PDF, HTML, etc. from within the app. Alas, they're pretty much just excerpts in this case and are not linked to the book.

I think the CSV format might also include book location (in terms of paragraph/word number?) but I expect that's a PITA to manually locate, too.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote