Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2020, 03:38 AM   #61
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
@Markismus

So it can't be converted?
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:30 AM   #62
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@Sakke Pyglossary 4.0 has a conversion for tei-dictionaries. I've uploaded the requested Pocketbook dic-format, the xdxf-format and the Koreader files to the cloud.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-14-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2020, 06:02 AM   #63
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@ichnilatis The unpacked dsl-file is not as expected. However, it is also not very cryptic:
Code:
#NAME				"Πάπυρος (El-El)"
#INDEX_LANGUAGE		"Greek"
#CONTENTS_LANGUAGE	"Greek"
-άγρα
	[m1]παραγωγική κατάληξη τής Αρχαίας και τής Νέας Ελληνικής, που δημιουργήθηκε από τα σε -αγρα σύνθετα και μάλιστα από τα ποδ-άγρα, χειρ-άγρα, που δηλώνουν νόσημα. Δηλώνει γενικά πάθος, κακότητα, ελάττωμα, όπως αγαθός-αγαθάγρα, αγκώνας-αγκωνάγρα (= πόνος στον αγκώνα), κουφός-κουφάγρα, τυφλός-τυφλάγρα, ζαβός-ζαβάγρα, στραβός-στραβάγρα κ.λπ.[/m]
-άδα
	[m1](I)[/m]
	[m1]παραγωγική κατάληξη από αρχαία ουσιαστικά σε -άς, -άδος. Στα παράγωγα αυτά η κατάληξη τής αιτιατικής επεκτάθηκε αναλογικά στην ονομαστική, όπως: αγελάς - την αγελάδα - η αγελάδα, η φορβάς - την φορβάδα - η φορ(β)άδα, η κοιλάς - την κοιλάδα - η κοιλάδα κ.λπ. Εν συνεχεία σχηματίστηκαν σε -άδα και παράγωγα από ουσιαστ., επίθ. και επιρρήμ., όπως: αρνί - αρνάδα, ζάλη - ζαλάδα, νόστιμος - νοστιμάδα, φρόνιμος - φρονιμάδα, χαμαί - χαμάδα κ.λπ. Η κατάλ. -άδα επεκτάθηκε εν συνεχεία αναλογικά και σε άλλα ονόματα, όπως: άμαξα - αμαξάδα, αμύγδαλο - αμυγδαλάδα, βύσινο - βυσινάδα, λεμόνι - λεμονάδα, πορτοκάλι - πορτοκαλάδα κ.λπ.[/m]
	[m1][c dimgray]——————[/c][/m]
	[m1](II)[/m]
	[m1]ξενικής προελεύσεως παραγωγική κατάληξη, από τη βενετική κατάλ. -ada, όπως: armada-αρμάδα, fregada-φρεγάδα, pomada-πομάδα κ.λπ.[/m]
-άδαινα
	[m1]νεοελληνική ανδρωνυμική κατάληξη, θηλυκό ουσιαστικών που δηλώνουν επάγγελμα ([p]πρβλ.[/p] την ανδρωνυμ. επαγγελμ. κατάληξη -ού: μυλωνάς - μυλωνού, κοσκινάς - κοσκινού [p]κ.λπ.[/p]), π.χ. η σύζυγος τού γαλατά, γαλατάδαινα[/m]
	[m1]τού αμαξά, αμαξάδαινα κ.λπ. Αναλογικά χρησιμοποιήθηκε η κατάληξη για δήλωση τής συζύγου, όταν το όνομα τού ανδρός λήγει σε -ας, π.χ. Κοσμάς - Κοσμάδαινα, Μηνάς - Μηνάδαινα κ.λπ. Η κατάληξη -άδαινα είναι επαυξημένη μορφή τής καταλήξεως -αινα* και σχηματίστηκε από το περιττοσύλλαβο θέμα (τού πληθ.) τών αντίστοιχων ανδρικών ονομάτων: αμαξάς - αμαξάδες - αμαξάδαινα.[/m]
αδαίος
	[m1]ἀδαῑος, -ον (Α) \[ἄδην\][/m]
	[m1]αυτός που προξενεί κορεσμό, μπούχτισμα.[/m]
What you would have to do is transform it into something that is readable by either pyglossary or my script. So every entry starts with a dash, than it has a keyword, then an end-of-line and then a TAB followed by a line of text enclosed in the tags [m1] and [/m].
The easiest way would be to change it to a comma-separated-values list. Than it can be handled by any converter. Anyway, whether you do it manually with a bunch of search-and-replace commands or write a script for it, you'll have to do the work. Neither Penelope, Lingua, Pyglossary or my code can work with it in its present form.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:18 AM   #64
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Dear Markismus,

Thank you very much for your efforts and involvement in the subject, but, as I have said before, I do not understand and do not succeed at all with scripts, codes and all that. So I can do nothing.

I'm sorry. I appreciate your replies. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #65
Markismus
Guru

Maybe you get lucky and someone recognizes the format.

EDIT: I changed the language strings to "en", and it didn't recognize it, checked for itself and found it to be Greek and converted the library. I'll post this as an issue at pyglossary on github.

The xdxf-file and Reader-files are uploaded here. No pocketbook dic-file, yet, because converter.exe crashes with:
Code:
Loading collates...
Loading morphems...
Loading keyboard...
Loading dictionary file...
elel.xdxf, line 37822: unclosed xml tag

As I found unconverted "<" in the resulting dictionary, I have removed the dictionary files and I'll first look into the code, why they aren't filtered out.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-10-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Advert
Old 11-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #66
Markismus
Guru

So the script doesn't handle Greek unicode well. Apparently, the algorithm that cuts long sentences into pieces doesn't count the length correctly with this content.

Enfin, @ichnilatis the dictionary is added to the usual directory, here. Be aware, that they configuration files used to create the pocketbook dic-file were the English ones. No configuration files (keyboard-, collates- and morphems.txt-files) for Greek were (ever) configured. Earlier in the thread another Greek dictionary was created, with no obvious problems during testing. Please report back whether it works or fails.

Warning:The free cloud storage I am using is stopping in a few months. So download the dictionaries that you want, because the links will die. If someone would like to host the dictionaries: Please tell me the location and I'll update the hyperlinks in this thread. I have move to pCloud for the dictionaries.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-14-2020 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:57 AM   #67
ichnilatis
Groupie

Markismus, thank you very much! You have done a great job!

Actually, I can not search directly in the dictionary, because there is no option for Greek keyboard, but I can search a word of a text in the dictionary, both in pocketbook and KOReader, and through this dialog window I can search for other word too.

Thank you!
Old 11-12-2020, 09:15 AM   #68
Markismus
Guru

@In-Feara Didn’t you type with a Greek keyboard for your Greek-English dictionary in Pocketbook? How did you do that?

@ichnilatis In Koreader you can set the language to Greek and the keyboard will than be Greek, too.

However, I found another error: The opening symbols of tags "<" have been changed to "&lt;". I thought it was my code, but apparently, something went amiss in pyglossary. Scroll to the right to see where it went wrong:
Code:
<article>
<key>φλέως</key>

<definition type="h">
<![CDATA[<div style="margin-left:1em">-ω, ο, ΝΑ, και φλέο, το, Ν, και φλέος, και ιων. τ. φλοῡς, και φλοῡν, τὸ, Α</div>
<div style="margin-left:1em"><i class="p" style="color:green">νεοελλ.</i></div>
<div style="margin-left:1em"><i class="p" style="color:green">βοτ.</i> γένος αγγειόσπερμων μονοκότυλων αγρωστωδών φυτών</div>
<div style="margin-left:1em"><i class="p" style="color:green">αρχ.</i></div>
<div style="margin-left:1em">είδος υδροχαρούς καλάμου.</div>
<div style="margin-left:1em">[<span style="color:brown"><b>ΕΤΥΜΟΛ.</b></span> Ονομασία φυτού, αβέβαιης ετυμολ., η οποία απαντά με τις μορφές: <i>φλέως</i>, <i>φλοῦς</i>, <i>φλέος</i>, ενώ και μια μορφή θ. *<i>φλειFο</i>- μαρτυρείται στο τοπωνύμιο <i>Φλειοῦς</i> (<i class="p" style="color:green">πρβλ.</i> το επίρρ. <i>ΦλειFοντᾱθεν</i> <span style="color:red"><a href='/span&gt; *&lt;i&gt;ΦλειFο&lt;/i&gt;- &lt;i&gt;Fοντ&lt;/i&gt;-&lt;i&gt;ᾱθεν&lt;/i&gt; [&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;βλ.&lt;/i&gt; και -&lt;i&gt;όεις&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; -&lt;i&gt;εις&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; ρίζα -&lt;i&gt;Fεντ&lt;/i&gt;-], καθώς και το μυκηναϊκό τοπωνύμιο &lt;i&gt;perewote&lt;/i&gt;, που αντιστοιχεί σε τ. τοπικής &lt;i&gt;ΦλειFοντει&lt;/i&gt; ή &lt;i&gt;ΦληFοντει&lt;/i&gt;). Η λ. ανάγεται από πολλούς μελετητές στην ΙΕ ρίζα *&lt;i&gt;bhle&lt;/i&gt;-&lt;i&gt;u&lt;/i&gt;- &lt;span style="color:slategray"&gt;«φουσκώνω, πρήζομαι, ρέω»&lt;/span&gt; τού ρ. &lt;i&gt;φλέω&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:slategray"&gt;«είμαι γεμάτος χυμούς, είμαι ανθηρός»&lt;/span&gt; (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;βλ. λ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;φλέω&lt;/i&gt;), άποψη η οποία μπορεί να αιτιολογηθεί, από σημασιολογική πλευρά, λόγω τής πλούσιας άνθησης τού φυτού (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; το ζεύγος &lt;i&gt;βρύον&lt;/i&gt;: &lt;i&gt;βρύω&lt;/i&gt;), ενώ, και από μορφολογική πλευρά, διευκολύνει την ερμηνεία τών ποικίλων μορφών με την αναγωγή σε θ. *&lt;i&gt;φληF&lt;/i&gt;- τής εκτεταμένης βαθμίδας τής ρίζας *&lt;i&gt;φλεF&lt;/i&gt;-, το οποίο εναλλάσσεται με το θ. *&lt;i&gt;φλωF&lt;/i&gt;- τής εκτεταμένης-ετεροιωμένης βαθμίδας. Σύμφωνα με αυτά, ο τ. &lt;i&gt;φλέως&lt;/i&gt; έχει προέλθει από *&lt;i&gt;φληFος με&lt;/i&gt; σίγηση τού ενδοφωνηεντικού &lt;i&gt;F&lt;/i&gt; και αντιμεταχώρηση (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;λεώς&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;i&gt;ληός&lt;/i&gt; / &lt;i&gt;λᾱός&lt;/i&gt;), ο τ. &lt;i&gt;φλέος&lt;/i&gt; από *&lt;i&gt;φληFος&lt;/i&gt; με βράχυνση τού -&lt;i&gt;η&lt;/i&gt;- πριν από φωνήεν (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;ἕως&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;i&gt;ἠώς&lt;/i&gt;), &lt;i&gt;ο&lt;/i&gt; τ. &lt;i&gt;φλοῦς&lt;/i&gt;—μέσω αμάρτυρου *&lt;i&gt;φλόος&lt;/i&gt;— από *&lt;i&gt;φλωFος&lt;/i&gt; με βράχυνση τού -&lt;i&gt;ω&lt;/i&gt;-, ενώ, τέλος, το θ. *&lt;i&gt;φλειFο&lt;/i&gt;- προήλθε από τ. *&lt;i&gt;φληF&lt;/i&gt;-&lt;i&gt;yο&lt;/i&gt;- (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;ἱερηFιον&lt;/i&gt; &gt; &lt;i&gt;ἱερήιον&lt;/i'>/span&gt; *&lt;i&gt;ΦλειFο&lt;/i&gt;- &lt;i&gt;Fοντ&lt;/i&gt;-&lt;i&gt;ᾱθεν&lt;/i&gt; [&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;βλ.&lt;/i&gt; και -&lt;i&gt;όεις&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; -&lt;i&gt;εις&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; ρίζα -&lt;i&gt;Fεντ&lt;/i&gt;-], καθώς και το μυκηναϊκό τοπωνύμιο &lt;i&gt;perewote&lt;/i&gt;, που αντιστοιχεί σε τ. τοπικής &lt;i&gt;ΦλειFοντει&lt;/i&gt; ή &lt;i&gt;ΦληFοντει&lt;/i&gt;). Η λ. ανάγεται από πολλούς μελετητές στην ΙΕ ρίζα *&lt;i&gt;bhle&lt;/i&gt;-&lt;i&gt;u&lt;/i&gt;- &lt;span style="color:slategray"&gt;«φουσκώνω, πρήζομαι, ρέω»&lt;/span&gt; τού ρ. &lt;i&gt;φλέω&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:slategray"&gt;«είμαι γεμάτος χυμούς, είμαι ανθηρός»&lt;/span&gt; (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;βλ. λ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;φλέω&lt;/i&gt;), άποψη η οποία μπορεί να αιτιολογηθεί, από σημασιολογική πλευρά, λόγω τής πλούσιας άνθησης τού φυτού (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; το ζεύγος &lt;i&gt;βρύον&lt;/i&gt;: &lt;i&gt;βρύω&lt;/i&gt;), ενώ, και από μορφολογική πλευρά, διευκολύνει την ερμηνεία τών ποικίλων μορφών με την αναγωγή σε θ. *&lt;i&gt;φληF&lt;/i&gt;- τής εκτεταμένης βαθμίδας τής ρίζας *&lt;i&gt;φλεF&lt;/i&gt;-, το οποίο εναλλάσσεται με το θ. *&lt;i&gt;φλωF&lt;/i&gt;- τής εκτεταμένης-ετεροιωμένης βαθμίδας. Σύμφωνα με αυτά, ο τ. &lt;i&gt;φλέως&lt;/i&gt; έχει προέλθει από *&lt;i&gt;φληFος με&lt;/i&gt; σίγηση τού ενδοφωνηεντικού &lt;i&gt;F&lt;/i&gt; και αντιμεταχώρηση (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;λεώς&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;i&gt;ληός&lt;/i&gt; / &lt;i&gt;λᾱός&lt;/i&gt;), ο τ. &lt;i&gt;φλέος&lt;/i&gt; από *&lt;i&gt;φληFος&lt;/i&gt; με βράχυνση τού -&lt;i&gt;η&lt;/i&gt;- πριν από φωνήεν (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;ἕως&lt;/i&gt; &lt;span style="color:red"&gt;&lt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;i&gt;ἠώς&lt;/i&gt;), &lt;i&gt;ο&lt;/i&gt; τ. &lt;i&gt;φλοῦς&lt;/i&gt;—μέσω αμάρτυρου *&lt;i&gt;φλόος&lt;/i&gt;— από *&lt;i&gt;φλωFος&lt;/i&gt; με βράχυνση τού -&lt;i&gt;ω&lt;/i&gt;-, ενώ, τέλος, το θ. *&lt;i&gt;φλειFο&lt;/i&gt;- προήλθε από τ. *&lt;i&gt;φληF&lt;/i&gt;-&lt;i&gt;yο&lt;/i&gt;- (&lt;i class="p" style="color:green"&gt;πρβλ.&lt;/i&gt; &lt;i&gt;ἱερηFιον&lt;/i&gt; &gt; &lt;i&gt;ἱερήιον&lt;/i</a> <i>ἱερεῖον</i>). Η άποψη αυτή, ωστόσο, παραμένει υποθετική, ενώ δεν μπορεί να αποκλειστεί και η περίπτωση να πρόκειται για δάνεια λ.].</div>]]>
</definition>
</article>
This issue on github for pyglossary is here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-12 15-57-07.png
Views:	295
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	183342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-12 15-58-55.png
Views:	318
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	183343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-12 15-59-14.png
Views:	295
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	183344  

Last edited by Markismus; 11-12-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:16 AM   #69
ichnilatis
Groupie

Indeed, I found out that in KoReader I can search for a word directly in the dictionary.
Strangely enough, I had already set the language for the keyboard to Greek, but I had also to tick the English language too in order to have the Greek choice in the keyboard.

What have I to do with the code? Everything seems to be OK.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:47 AM   #70
Markismus
Guru

I am waiting for pyglossary’s developer to get rid of a bug in his code. He responds very quickly, so I have good hope that it will be resolved. Very nice person! Iranian his profile says.
Anyways, if everything is resolved, I’ll upload a new version of the dictionary with another date stamp.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:10 AM   #71
ichnilatis
Groupie

I admire your kindness and the interest you show in all the details!

A detail: In Babylon English-Greek dictionary, when a word has several meanings as a noun, verb e.t.c., the word "verb", for example, doesn't go to the next line.
Old 11-14-2020, 03:49 AM   #72
ichnilatis
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
A detail: In Babylon English-Greek dictionary, when a word has several meanings as a noun, verb e.t.c., the word "verb", for example, doesn't go to the next line.
Actually, this happens only in KoReader, but never mind; it isn't worth wasting your time for this.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #73
Markismus
Guru

I've uploaded all 4 Greek dictionaries to the cloud.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:54 AM   #74
ichnilatis
Groupie

Dear Markismus,
Could you convert the "Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary_reconstructed_April2nd2020" to dict format for KoReader, please?

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:38 AM   #75
Markismus
Guru

Done. They’re on the pCloud.