Device: kobo clara 2E
Calibre doesn't store the latest Kobo ebooks

Hy,
1) I open calibre and connect Kobo Clara 2E
2) There are all the book and also the book on the device
3) I send some ebook on the device
4) Now Calibre show that these books are in the device
5) Restart Calibre
6) Now The latest books sent are no longer in the device, the last books resulting in the device are those of the point 2
Why ? And is there a solution ?
Thanks
pacmo
pacmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 12:51 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Are you disconnecting your Kobo and allowing it to import the books before restarting calibre? When you first connect to calibre, the books shown are those imported to the database which is done when your Kobo is safely ejected from the computer. If you are seeing the Importing screen on your Kobo, the first thing that pops to mind is that you have a corrupted database.

My suggestion would be to sign out of your account (Settings => Account => Sign out ). This will replace the database with a blank copy and then re-import any sideloaded books.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 03:32 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Disconecting, but is pacmo ejecting? Closing calibre doesn't eject/disconnect a kobo or other USB Mass Storage device (MTP is probably OK)
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:01 AM   #4
pacmo
pacmo began at the beginning.

The problem is undoubtedly in the Calibre database. I also manage other kobo of my family with Calibre. I tried with another and the problem is the same. If I add books from Calibre to Kobo, they are inserted immediately, but not at the next restart
Old 02-19-2023, 06:55 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there is no calibre database. There is only a kobo one. The kobo firmware is crashing on some file and refusing to index the rest. Reset your kobo and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 07:44 AM   #6
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmo View Post
The problem is undoubtedly in the Calibre database. I also manage other kobo of my family with Calibre. I tried with another and the problem is the same. If I add books from Calibre to Kobo, they are inserted immediately, but not at the next restart
You are using your Kobos wrong and blaming it on Calibre. The Kobo devices do not know about the new books you have added until you eject the Kobo from your computer so it can process the newly added files. Instead of restarting Calibre, eject your Kobo and then reconnect it. Calibre will show you the books you just added.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:45 AM   #7
pacmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
You are using your Kobos wrong and blaming it on Calibre. The Kobo devices do not know about the new books you have added until you eject the Kobo from your computer so it can process the newly added files. Instead of restarting Calibre, eject your Kobo and then reconnect it. Calibre will show you the books you just added.
No ...
I'm using Calibre and Kobos for several years.
1) Kindle
2) Kobo Clara Hd (2018)
3) Kobo Clara 2E (2022)
I've in Calibre 902 books ...
Example :
1)Start Calibre.
2)Connect Kobo.
3)In Calibre there are kobo books since a week ago.
4)I send to kobo 5 new ebooks.
5)Now Calibre shows check these books in Calibre's Device .
6) Eject Kobo
7) Close Calibre
8) Shutdown the pc
9) Next day I'm starting the pc
10) Start Calibre
11) Connect Kobo
12) The last books sending in kobo there aren't checks in column Calibre's device
This problem had never happened to me despite in all these years
The column of Calibre devices has never shown any problems, only in the last week
Excuse me for my english, I hope I explained myself
pacmo
Old 02-19-2023, 08:59 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Log out and log in on the Kobo to rebuild its database.

This happens when the Kobo device database is faulty.
Also after you select "Eject" you can't unplug the Kobo immediately, you need to wait till the OS says it's OK.
Or wait till the screen on Kobo changes to "Importing" progress bar and then it's safe to unplug.

If you are on Windows an update may have affected USB eject operations.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-19-2023 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:11 AM   #9
pacmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Log out and log in on the Kobo to rebuild its database.

This happens when the Kobo device database is faulty.
Also after you select "Eject" you can't unplug the Kobo immediately, you need to wait till the OS says it's OK.
Or wait till the screen on Kobo changes to "Importing" progress bar and then it's safe to unplug.

If you are on Windows an update may have affected USB eject operations.
THANK YOU
Now it's ok
log out and log in ...
I dont'use Windows but linux
Thanks
pacmo
Old 02-19-2023, 11:31 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I use Linux Mint with Mate and Eject usually is OK, but just to be sure I wait for the progress bar on Kobo when adding books before I pull the cable.